IIs' - where can it be downloaded..?

Andrew

where can IIS (Internet Information Services) be downloaded..?
I've checked in Add/Remove Programs..! (Using XP Home)
TIA
Andrew

Hi

IIS is only available with XP Pro:

"INFO: Personal Web server is not included with Windows XP Home Edition"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304197

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Andrew" <NoToSPAM@home> wrote in message
> where can IIS (Internet Information Services) be downloaded..?
> I've checked in Add/Remove Programs..! (Using XP Home)
> TIA
> Andrew

Andrew

Thats why Can't find it then..! Thanks Will.
Got XP-Pro on CD. But recent New PC came with Xp-Home Pre-Installed.
are there Any/Many Upgrade problems associated with Home to Pro..?
TIA
Andrew

| Hi
|
| IIS is only available with XP Pro:
|
| "INFO: Personal Web server is not included with Windows XP Home Edition"
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304197
|
| --
|
| Will Denny
| MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| Please reply to the News Groups
|

| "Andrew" <NoToSPAM@home> wrote in message
| > where can IIS (Internet Information Services) be downloaded..?
| > I've checked in Add/Remove Programs..! (Using XP Home)
| > TIA
| > Andrew

Hi Andrew

I've had no problems when upgrading from Home to Pro, although it may be
prudent to backup your data files beforehand. There are some IIS links
here:

http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=en-gb&st=b&na=82&qu=iis

--

> Thats why Can't find it then..! Thanks Will.
> Got XP-Pro on CD. But recent New PC came with Xp-Home Pre-Installed.
> are there Any/Many Upgrade problems associated with Home to Pro..?
> TIA
> Andrew

> | Hi
> |
> | IIS is only available with XP Pro:
> |
> | "INFO: Personal Web server is not included with Windows XP Home Edition"
> | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304197
> |
> | --
> |
> | Will Denny
> | MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> | Please reply to the News Groups
> |

> | "Andrew" <NoToSPAM@home> wrote in message
> | > where can IIS (Internet Information Services) be downloaded..?
> | > I've checked in Add/Remove Programs..! (Using XP Home)
> | > TIA
> | > Andrew

Andrew

Thanks Will.

| Hi Andrew
|
| I've had no problems when upgrading from Home to Pro, although it may be
| prudent to backup your data files beforehand. There are some IIS links
| here:

http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=en-gb&st=b&na=82&qu=iis

| --
|
| Will Denny
| MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| Please reply to the News Groups
|

| "Andrew" <NoToSPAM@home> wrote in message
| > Thats why Can't find it then..! Thanks Will.
| > Got XP-Pro on CD. But recent New PC came with Xp-Home Pre-Installed.
| > are there Any/Many Upgrade problems associated with Home to Pro..?
| > TIA
| > Andrew
| >
| > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > | Hi
| > |
| > | IIS is only available with XP Pro:
| > |
| > | "INFO: Personal Web server is not included with Windows XP Home
Edition"
| > | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304197
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > | Will Denny
| > | MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| > | Please reply to the News Groups
| > |
| > |
| > | "Andrew" <NoToSPAM@home> wrote in message
| > |
| > |

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> where can IIS (Internet Information Services) be downloaded..?
> I've checked in Add/Remove Programs..! (Using XP Home)
> TIA
> Andrew

You carnt install IIS on Home edition (be that 2000 or XP) you need
pro.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-IIs-downloaded-ftopict398287.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1314705

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Thanks Will.

> | Hi Andrew
> |
> | I've had no problems when upgrading from Home to Pro,
> although it may be
> | prudent to backup your data files beforehand. There are
> some IIS links
> | here:
> |

> http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=en-gb&st=b&na=82&qu=iis
> |
> | --
> |
> | Will Denny
> | MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> | Please reply to the News Groups
> |

> | "Andrew" <NoToSPAM@home> wrote in message
> | > Thats why Can't find it then..! Thanks Will.
> | > Got XP-Pro on CD. But recent New PC came with Xp-Home
> Pre-Installed.
> | > are there Any/Many Upgrade problems associated with Home
> to Pro..?
> | > TIA
> | > Andrew
> | >
> | > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
> | > |
> | > |
> XP Home
> Edition"
> | > |
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304197
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> downloaded..?
> | > |
> | > |

If you just want to host a web site of some kind on xp home, why not
use apache insted of buying pro.

Apache: http://httpd.apache.org/

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-IIs-downloaded-ftopict398287.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1315253

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"Sparda" wrote:
> If you just want to host a web site of some kind on xp home,
> why not use apache insted of buying pro.
>
> Apache: http://httpd.apache.org/

Or if it’s a FTP server you are after try FileZilla

FileZilla: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/