Can you install a graphics card on a laptop?

kmelaza

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
I'm planning to buy a new PC in the coming weeks, i plan to do some mild gaming like The sims and some strategy games and maybe a few mmo's (nothing crysis like). I'm leaning towards a laptop so im wondering if you can install a graphics card on them, since theirs not much room on them and if necesary exchange the power supply for 1 with more WATS if the card deams it necessary.

Solution

+1^

Howerver if you get a laptop made for gaming, it should run most games well, even if it's not a top of the line model. Just make sure you pick a laptop with descrete graphics (not some built-in Intel junk), and do a search for that card model to see how it stacks up.

You won't be able to upgrade the video card, but a mid to high range one now will be good for several years.

+1^

Howerver if you get a laptop made for gaming, it should run most games well, even if it's not a top of the line model. Just make sure you pick a laptop with descrete graphics (not some built-in Intel junk), and do a search for that card model to see how it stacks up.

You won't be able to upgrade the video card, but a mid to high range one now will be good for several years.

Solution