Increase in Temp..PSU?

Hi, i just recently bought a new PSU for my computer, and i plugged everything in and i turned on my computer and check my computer's temperature:

Temp1 = 39C
Temp2 = 30C
Temp3 = 26C
Core = 35C

I have a AMD Phenom II X4 830 @ 2.8Ghz Quad Core

Before i upgraded my PSU my temperatures were usually around like 30C, should i be worried about this?

The PSU that i bought was a Antec 380W Continuous Power Bronze 80+ Certified. My old PSU was a stock PSU which has the brand LITEON.

I'm worried that this is a problem for my computer..is it? At first I thought it was normal because my new PSU is much more powerful than my old one so it would make sense that it would make more heat but, then I thought about it and i realized that if my old psu was powering my computer with a temp of 30C than my new PSU should be around the same temp or maybe a little less because since its more powerful it doesnt use as much power to do stuff and its more efficient too.

Any thoughts??
5 answers Last reply
More about increase temp
  1. where are you reading your temps??? PSU has no correlation directly with temp rises unless you positioned the PSU wrong (which is dramatic to say the least)...

do a simple test... bring back the liteon and see if the temps remain the same or is lowered... if it does then i really dont have an answer right now...
  2. I'm using a program called SpeedFan. Is this not a reliable program?
    I tried using CoreTemp and it got a reading of Low:33C , High:36C

Which one do i trust?
  3. I trust CoreTemp more SpeedFan. In fact, I do not use SpeedFan.

Adding a more powerful and efficient PSU should not affect your temps much, if at all.

gongtruong said:
    ... i realized that if my old psu was powering my computer with a temp of 30C than my new PSU should be around the same temp or maybe a little less because since its more powerful it doesnt use as much power to do stuff and its more efficient too.

Basically, yes.
  4. core temp is good... HWM Blackbox is also an excellent overall monitor... speedfan gives wrong readings to lotta people including a few of my builds...
  5. Even with the increase your temps look fine so I wouldn't worry.

Have you tried running Prime95 with Speedfan and Coretemp open to see your temps under load?

Also try HWmonitor. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computer Components