Computer getting dusty only after a month and a half

bcknee

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
I am puzzled as to why this is happening so quickly there was visible dust on the front panel of my case which I would not like to have I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to reduce dust build up and best ways to clean it out. My case is the CM-690 II with a 140mm intake 120mm exhaust rear 120mm side intake 140mm top exhaust as well as a 120 mm CPU cooling fan if any more info is needed I will provide it.

Atotalnoob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
You can get dust filters for your computer, I advise cleaning it when you need it to look nice, Lan parties, ect.... You can get a anti-static vacuum(if you plan on doing it alot), and you can get Canned air... They carry it at walmart.... (at least at the local one)

The case will collect dust extremely fast, try putting it up high, and painting the ceiling above it, (cuts down on the dust) ....lol.... move it away from things that collect dust, monitors, carpet, glass, ect.

You do need to clean every half year, to three quarters of a year.

Gpops

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
I keep mine clean by taping vent filters over the fans. You can get them from Walmart and trim to size. I usually put two together for better protection. I also cut holes in the side cover in a spot that will clear everything inside. I mount most of the fans blowing in with the filters outside. More of them blowing in makes the air come out of the cracks instead of sucking air and dust in. My computer hardly ever gets dirty.

Well...what kind of dust are you talking about.
The fan filters can only filter rough dust.
Fine dust can not be filtered with it, and you would probably just have to live with those fine dust.
Fine dust can only be "reduced" by increasing a little your room moisture, so that it won't fly around individually and got sucked by the fan, since the moisture is high enough to hold the dust together, the dust is big enough to be cought by the filter.

Atotalnoob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010

Doesn't this affect your temps?
Not the best if you have a high-temp CPU.....

Gpops

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009

No it hasn't changed the temps at all. Never have a problem. I cut holes and added more fans. More air means more cool.

Atotalnoob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010

In the case???? Wouldn't that ruin the natural airflow path? What CPU do you have?

bcknee

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
I have two intakes two exhausts but ive cleaned it all out and it was extremely dusty behind the cpu fan and in the heatsink and my entire case has those dust mesh filters but many I dont know how to remove nor the proper way to clean them.

Hmmm...antistatic vacuum?
I just have the normal vacuum cleaner...but the thing is..I always dismantle the filters first out from the case.
Suck the dust with the vacuum cleaner, and than put it back to the case...
I have never payed attention to that.
But, I think my procedure should work just fine....should it?
Or am I doing something that could go wrong here?

bcknee

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
I dont know how to remove the ones on the front and top of the case and I dont want to tear them or anything my case is the CM 690 II if anyone is familiar with it

TRENDING THREADS