hi my new 128 MB usb stick drive all of a sudden stopped working. whenever i
try add or del files to it or try formatting it, it gives me a error that
the disk is write protected.i think the disk is bad cos it gave the same
error with another comp, is there anyway to fix it???

"Godwin" <godwindaniel@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> hi my new 128 MB usb stick drive all of a sudden stopped working. whenever
> try add or del files to it or try formatting it, it gives me a error that
> the disk is write protected.i think the disk is bad cos it gave the same
> error with another comp, is there anyway to fix it???

The ones I have use a tiny little slider on the side to make them read-only.
See if yours has one.

"D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Godwin" <godwindaniel@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
>> hi my new 128 MB usb stick drive all of a sudden stopped working.
>> whenever i
>> try add or del files to it or try formatting it, it gives me a error that
>> the disk is write protected.i think the disk is bad cos it gave the same
>> error with another comp, is there anyway to fix it???
>>

> The ones I have use a tiny little slider on the side to make them
> read-only. See if yours has one.

In addition; the disk can be rendered "RAW" by removing it without using the
"Safely Remove Hardware" applet in the system tray. If this happens, it can
render the drive unusable. Do you stop the drive before removing it?

Bobby