Your question
Closed

Phenom II X2 555BE OC vs phenom II X4 965

Last response: in CPUs
December 4, 2010 1:12:59 PM

Hi everyone

I want to know what is better, not only in performance but in stability too

in this corner with 99 dlls and a bad heatsink but great OC power

phenom II X2 555 BE @ 3.6 GHz (4 cores unlocked) optional V8 heatsink (already have one)

versus

in this corner with 166 dlls and stock speeds

phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4 GHz stock heatsink

AND THE WINNER IS................................
December 4, 2010 6:22:48 PM

the Phenom II X2 555 BE unlocked is the same thing as a Phenom II X4 Quad clock for clock so ofc the 555 BE unlocked is faster @ 3.6ghz.
Score
a c 105 à CPUs
December 4, 2010 6:34:00 PM

don't get a phenom II x2 thinking you will unlock cores, its a a complete gamble and you only need to lose once. even if you do unlock one or two cores, they may not OC as well as phenom II x4.

get the phenom II x2 if you are fine with running a dual core CPU. any unlocked cores will just be a bonus. if you really want a quad, then buy one.

Score
Related resources
December 4, 2010 10:12:06 PM

ct1615 said:
don't get a phenom II x2 thinking you will unlock cores, its a a complete gamble and you only need to lose once. even if you do unlock one or two cores, they may not OC as well as phenom II x4.

get the phenom II x2 if you are fine with running a dual core CPU. any unlocked cores will just be a bonus. if you really want a quad, then buy one.

then a two core always be a two core? the other two unlocked cores it's a lie from AMD, and @ 3.6Ghz it's not gonna be the real speed?, because i'm not a profesional or something like that but i know 2 is 2 and 4 is 4 and 3.4 is less than 3.6.

My question is because i'm not a OC addict so if i get a 965 i don't gonna do OC, but if i can save the money with the 555be and convert in the same or a little better than the 965 then i do gonna make OC, but just if you say that the extra cores an extra OC are pure lies then i go for the 965
Score

Best solution

a c 105 à CPUs
December 4, 2010 10:18:42 PM

jenkas said:
then a two core always be a two core? the other two unlocked cores it's a lie from AMD, and @ 3.6Ghz it's not gonna be the real speed?, because i'm not a profesional or something like that but i know 2 is 2 and 4 is 4 and 3.4 is less than 3.6.

My question is because i'm not a OC addict so if i get a 965 i don't gonna do OC, but if i can save the money with the 555be and convert in the same or a little better than the 965 then i do gonna make OC, but just if you say that the extra cores an extra OC are pure lies then i go for the 965

how is it a lie? AMd sells you a dual core cpu and get a dual core CPU? that is an honest sale. the only lie is anyone that tells you that every dual core turns into a quad, they don't. some do and some don't and no one knows which is which prior to purchase. like i stated before "get the phenom II x2 if you are fine with running a dual core CPU. any unlocked cores will just be a bonus. if you really want a quad, then buy one."
December 7, 2010 7:41:32 PM

ct1615 said:
how is it a lie? AMd sells you a dual core cpu and get a dual core CPU? that is an honest sale. the only lie is anyone that tells you that every dual core turns into a quad, they don't. some do and some don't and no one knows which is which prior to purchase. like i stated before "get the phenom II x2 if you are fine with running a dual core CPU. any unlocked cores will just be a bonus. if you really want a quad, then buy one."

Ok i'm gonna get an 4 core, but my question is, in case that you get unlock the 2 bonus cores and OC to 3.6 wich is more fast of this two?
Score
a c 105 à CPUs
December 7, 2010 7:48:21 PM

a phenom II x2 with two unlock cores (four cores all together) and a phenom II x4 at the same speed would have the exact same performance.
Score
December 7, 2010 8:28:35 PM

To be honest, I might not be up to date here but I would say get a Q series and let the AMD go... switch to Intel you would be much more sati in the end
Score
December 14, 2010 2:21:57 AM

Best answer selected by jenkas.
Score
a b à CPUs
December 14, 2010 8:11:26 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!