Aug 5, 2010
Hello,
i have dell CPU with Pentium(r)4 2.8ghz
1gb ram
windows xp sp3
n8400gs Nvidia 512mb grafic card
the game is little slow.
after long time everything like roads and buildings disapear
What should i do to get better experince.
Thank you

Solution
The best help for running that game on that system would be a new video card and some more ram. Your entire system is really rather bad for current games and especially that one but your card is the weakest link as it was never a gaming card and is getting quite old. Something like an HD4650 or 9500GT and adding another gig of ram to your system will help a lot and be fairly cheap. It won't do miracles because your processor is still poor but it should still improve performance greatly in that game and even more so in other games that aren't as cpu dependent.
Saints Row should run better on that system than GTA4 but still not very well. For something like GTA that actually will run pretty well on your current system I would recommend...

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
You could upgrade your graphics card, but even a moderately powerful card would be bottlenecked by that CPU (unless it happens to be dual core). The maximum I would recommend would be a Radeon 5670. If that is a dual-core CPU, maybe a Radeon 5750 or 5770.

Dane Bouwer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
please see previous threads about GTA 4 and the countless probelms everyone has encountered!

don't worry, you're not the first to experience problems with the game, and I'm sure you'll find any answers regarding the game on previous threads and blogs!

p.s. your rig does need an upgrade, even for other games!

Dane

khurramamin96

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Hello,
1gb ram
windows xp sp3
the game is little slow.
after long time everything like roads and buildings disapear
What should i do to get better experince.
Thank you

If i buy Saints Row 2
will i be able to play it on this cpu
Thank You

khurramamin96

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Hello,
1gb ram
windows xp sp3

Which Games can i play on this system..... plz tell me other games like Grand Theft Auto
Which i will be able to play on this System

Saints Row 2 System Requirements:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/941/941132p1.html

Minimum Requirements:
- Windows XP / Vista
- 2.0 GHz Dual-Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2) - Your CPU is below minimum requirements
- 1 GB Available System Memory
- 15 GB Available Hard Drive Space
- 128 MB 3D Video Card w/Shader Model 3.0 Support (Nvidia GeForce 7600 / ATI Radeon X1300) - Really don't know how the 8400gs compares
- DirectX Compatible Display Capable of 640x480 16-bit Color Resolution
- DirectX 9.0c Compatible 16-bit Sound Card
- Broadband Connection for Internet Multiplayer

Buying a new PS3 or new XBox 360 and the game at full retail price is actually less expensive than upgrading your PC. You may want to consider that...

G

just get a new pc, not from dell. preferably a custom built PC. you can buy fairly cheap good parts. and you have the flexibility to upgrade in the future.

or as the other guys said, just get a ps3 or xbox and play your games off of there if your budget wont stretch to a new pc.

also if your username is anything to go by, u would be 14years old and shouldnt even be playing these kind of games.

khurramamin96

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
just get a new pc, not from dell. preferably a custom built PC. you can buy fairly cheap good parts. and you have the flexibility to upgrade in the future.

or as the other guys said, just get a ps3 or xbox and play your games off of there if your budget wont stretch to a new pc.

also if your username is anything to go by, u would be 14years old and shouldnt even be playing these kind of games.

i am 23 yrs old

khurramamin96

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

THANK YOU
BUT I JUST LOST MY JOB

Dane Bouwer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
oh damn!! i hope it wan't for spending time on Tom's hardware during working hours!!! :(

sorry to hear that man, from experience, i think spend more time looking for a better job, than sitting at home and playing pc games!! my dad told me that, one day, and i thank him everyday! ;)

sorry again man!! hope you get a good graft soon!!

khurramamin96

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

:)

You sound like a great person....

I didnt lose the job i took annual leave and never went back for job now i am looking for new job.
Thank You Again

G

lol yep i got butchered :) how ironic :)

sorry Khurramamin96 :) lol

goodluck with the job finding.

as dane said, just get a PS3/360 would be less hassle and money for you.

The best help for running that game on that system would be a new video card and some more ram. Your entire system is really rather bad for current games and especially that one but your card is the weakest link as it was never a gaming card and is getting quite old. Something like an HD4650 or 9500GT and adding another gig of ram to your system will help a lot and be fairly cheap. It won't do miracles because your processor is still poor but it should still improve performance greatly in that game and even more so in other games that aren't as cpu dependent.
Saints Row should run better on that system than GTA4 but still not very well. For something like GTA that actually will run pretty well on your current system I would recommend Mafia;
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/mafia
It's good stuff and a sequel should be out soon if you ever get a system capable of playing it.
Some other 3rd person sandbox type PC games similar to GTA to varying degrees are Scarface, Bully, Godfather 1 & 2, Simpsons: Hit & Run, Mercenaries 2, Just Cause 1 & 2, Red Faction Guerrilla, Prototype and even maybe the Assassins Creed games. When you look up these games keep in mind that the older they are the more likely they are to run well on your system.

Solution