Sign in with
Your question

What type of graphic card slots do i have?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2010 5:06:44 AM

These are my computer specs i dont want to open up my computer yet because im afraid ill break something so if you can figure out what type of graphic card slots i have that would be great. I want to upgrade my graphics card from the really bad one that came built in to my motherboard to the XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB DDR5. Also i was wondering how many watts should my power supply be if i got this card?
And if you need to know anything else about my computer just tell me i dont really know what you would need to figure this out.
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 5:12:34 AM

A 5770 might be bottlenecked by that CPU... A decent 450-500 watt power supply should suffice (make sure it's a good brand)
Related resources
August 5, 2010 5:19:59 AM

jryan388 said:
A 5770 might be bottlenecked by that CPU... A decent 450-500 watt power supply should suffice (make sure it's a good brand)

Like what brand of power supply would be good?
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 5:20:02 AM

Quote:
Like what would you say is a good brand?

If you're referring to PSU brand, then get one from Corsair, Seasonic, Coolermaster silent pro series, Silverstone etc.
If you are referring to brand of Graphics Card then I would prefer Sapphire, Asus, Gigabyte,MSI, XFX etc.Regarding the graphics card get the one from a reputable brand and is the cheapest that the brand has to offer.DONT spend extra for those factory Overclocked cards.
August 5, 2010 5:23:19 AM

Tamz_msc said:
If you're referring to PSU brand, then get one from Corsair, Seasonic, Coolermaster silent pro series, Silverstone etc.
If you are referring to brand of Graphics Card then I would prefer Sapphire, Asus, Gigabyte,MSI, XFX etc.Regarding the graphics card get the one from a reputable brand and is the cheapest that the brand has to offer.DONT spend extra for those factory Overclocked cards.

So are you saying that i shouldnt get the one that i said i was like are there any that are just as good but cheaper? And thanks for the quick replies it helped me out a lot
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 5:28:40 AM

Yes, XFX cards are slightly overpriced(though they make good quality cards).If you find a card from the other brands I mention that are cheaper, then I would suggest that you go for it.
August 5, 2010 5:30:17 AM

ok thanks for all the help!
August 5, 2010 5:33:14 AM

Tamz_msc said:

Oh yeah and about the psu about how big should it be like physically?
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 5:34:15 AM

For the 5770 get a 400-450 W PSU from any one of the brands I suggested above.
August 5, 2010 5:38:18 AM

Tamz_msc said:
For the 5770 get a 400-450 W PSU from any one of the brands I suggested above.

Wait, are all of the power supplies the same size like not anything about electricity but like i wanna know if it can actually fit in my computer case
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 5:40:33 AM

If you have an ATX case(not the small-form-factor ones)as most desktop PCs have then any ATX power supply would fit in your case.
August 5, 2010 5:55:21 AM

Tamz_msc said:
If you have an ATX case(not the small-form-factor ones)as most desktop PCs have then any ATX power supply would fit in your case.

What if i had an hp pavilion slimline would they fit or is that a micro atx?
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 6:00:35 AM

Which model is it ?(exact one)
August 5, 2010 6:01:31 AM

Tamz_msc said:
Which model is it ?(exact one)

ahh how exactly would i figure that out?
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 6:05:30 AM

It should be written somewhere on the case, or check it up with HP's website.
August 5, 2010 6:08:36 AM

Tamz_msc said:

its the s3400f
August 5, 2010 6:18:47 AM

Tamz_msc said:

Ok well im gonna go to sleep nowbecause its like 2 in the morning but thanks for all the help and ill check back tomorrow and i may have more questions :) 
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 6:19:33 AM

Unfortunately an ATX power supply wont fit and you will need a TFX power supply.But TFX power supplies can give upto 300W and they do not have PCI express connectors, which the 5770 needs.So you're out of luck.Sorry.
!