Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard not powering up with atx2 (12v) power cable connected

Last response: in Motherboards
August 1, 2011 4:25:00 PM

Hi guys! My sister had this old pc I was trying to clean from dust. I disconnected almost all wirings, expansions slots, PSU, CPU and the heatsink then cleaned it.

Now I'm pretty much sure I have connected everything back to how it was but the PC won't now boot! It won't even turn on. No fans no leds no beeps.
At first I thought its the Power Supply but changing it doesn't help it.
Then I noticed that unplugging the 4 pin atx2 power cable (manual says used by P4 processors which my sister has) would make the fans run and power leds on but still won't boot.

I know this is a very old PC but I would appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Here are the specs:
Proc: Intel P4
Mobo: P4VMM2 v8.1
VC: AGP card from radeon.
Memory: an old ram
Power supply: generic

Please note that everything works before I tried to clean it so I doubt it has something to the with the hardware..
February 22, 2012 3:37:06 PM

imakuzim said:
Hi guys! My sister had this old pc I was trying to clean from dust. I disconnected almost all wirings, expansions slots, PSU, CPU and the heatsink then cleaned it.

Now I'm pretty much sure I have connected everything back to how it was but the PC won't now boot! It won't even turn on. No fans no leds no beeps.
At first I thought its the Power Supply but changing it doesn't help it.
Then I noticed that unplugging the 4 pin atx2 power cable (manual says used by P4 processors which my sister has) would make the fans run and power leds on but still won't boot.

I know this is a very old PC but I would appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Here are the specs:
Proc: Intel P4
Mobo: P4VMM2 v8.1
VC: AGP card from radeon.
Memory: an old ram
Power supply: generic

Please note that everything works before I tried to clean it so I doubt it has something to the with the hardware..

!