Sign in with
Your question

Windows 95 microsoft network logon

Last response: in Networking
April 21, 2010 6:09:28 PM

Hello,
regretable, but I need to add a windows 95B computer to my inhouse network. I have configured the network adapter and added the necessary client, protocol and services required but when I restart the 95 machine I don't get the microsoft client logon...I get the windows logon and needless to say I access the network.

Any suggestions
April 22, 2010 2:38:38 PM

you say you can access the network. What is your question or problem then? What are you trying to accomplish?
m
l
April 29, 2010 12:07:39 AM

gtvr said:
you say you can access the network. What is your question or problem then? What are you trying to accomplish?

I left out the word "can't". sorry for the confusion
m
l
Related resources
April 29, 2010 6:51:22 AM

barthere said:
I left out the word "can't". sorry for the confusion

[#0005ff]Can the other machines "see" the '95 system? Sadly, Windows '95 predates my own starting to mess with networking by about five years so can you explain why you expect to see a different logon?[/#000ff]

m
l
April 29, 2010 11:41:53 AM

Still need more info - what can you not do that you want to? Can you ping other machines? Are you trying to access something in particular - such as a file share? What OS are the other machines?

If you run ipconfig from the 95 box, what do you get? (I don't remember that much about win 95 either, but maybe I can suggest some general stuff to try)
m
l
!