Accidentally deleted "remote desktop" from start menu

I tried to move (actually copy) the link for "remote desktop" from
the Start>Accessories>Communications area to my desktop and now
there's nothing showing up under "Communications" to allow me to setup
another "remote desktop" session.
While trying to move the remote desktop icon back, I accidentally
deleted it. How do I get remote desktop to show up back under
communications again? Thanks!

wlaexander@adelphia.net wrote:
> I tried to move (actually copy) the link for "remote
> desktop" from the Start>Accessories>Communications area to
> my desktop and now there's nothing showing up under
> "Communications" to allow me to setup another "remote
> desktop" session.
> While trying to move the remote desktop icon back, I
> accidentally deleted it. How do I get remote desktop to show
> up back under communications again? Thanks!

Right click on your Start button and select "Explore All Users"
from the drop down menu.
Click on Programs.
Click on Accessories.
Click on Communications.
In the right hand pane, right click and select New -> Shortcut
from the menu.
In the box that pops up, enter the following as the location:
%SystemRoot%\System32\mstsc.exe
Click Next.
Enter "Remote Desktop Connection" as the name of your new
shortcut.
Click the Finish button.

Post back if you have any problems creating this new shortcut.

Nepatsfan

Buck

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Thank you VERY much. It worked fine. Greatly appreciated!

Buck wrote:
> Thank you VERY much. It worked fine. Greatly appreciated!

You're welcome. Thanks for letting us know you got that fixed.

Nepatsfan

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:30:02 -0400, "Nepatsfan"
> <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote:
>
>> wlaexander@adelphia.net wrote:
>>> I tried to move (actually copy) the link for "remote
>>> desktop" from the Start>Accessories>Communications area to
>>> my desktop and now there's nothing showing up under
>>> "Communications" to allow me to setup another "remote
>>> desktop" session.
>>> While trying to move the remote desktop icon back, I
>>> accidentally deleted it. How do I get remote desktop to
>>> show up back under communications again? Thanks!
>>
>> Right click on your Start button and select "Explore All
>> Users" from the drop down menu.
>> Click on Programs.
>> Click on Accessories.
>> Click on Communications.
>> In the right hand pane, right click and select New ->
>> Shortcut from the menu.
>> In the box that pops up, enter the following as the
>> location: %SystemRoot%\System32\mstsc.exe
>> Click Next.
>> Enter "Remote Desktop Connection" as the name of your new
>> shortcut.
>> Click the Finish button.
>>
>> Post back if you have any problems creating this new
>> shortcut.
>>
>> Nepatsfan

STEVE-D-BLAKE

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

wlaexander@adelphia.net wrote:
> I tried to move (actually copy) the link for "remote
> desktop" from the Start>Accessories>Communications area to
> my desktop and now there's nothing showing up under
> "Communications" to allow me to setup another "remote
> desktop" session.
> While trying to move the remote desktop icon back, I
> accidentally deleted it. How do I get remote desktop to show
> up back under communications again? Thanks!

Right click on your Start button and select "Explore All Users"
from the drop down menu.
Click on Programs.
Click on Accessories.
Click on Communications.
In the right hand pane, right click and select New -> Shortcut
from the menu.
In the box that pops up, enter the following as the location:
%SystemRoot%\System32\mstsc.exe
Click Next.
Enter "Remote Desktop Connection" as the name of your new
shortcut.
Click the Finish button.

Post back if you have any problems creating this new shortcut.

Nepatsfan

GREAT ADVICE. THANKS.