Multiple Monitors with the 260 GTX

kr3war561

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
Here's the deal:
I am an employee at compusa, I recently came across a currency trader who wanted to build a custom machine to support multiple monitors and for it to have some decent speed.

The whole build was easy for me. But when it came to graphics he wanted to do monitors goin upwards as so:

3 4
1 2

Obviously he wants the ability to scroll up and diagonally to the top two units. I know radeon is the easy way to go, but he has a preference for nvidia, and I am aware Almost all nvidia cards only support monitors set up in a linear fashion as

1 2 3 4

But a coworker had mentioned there was a driver update for the 260 GTX's that enabled the monitor set up on top of one another, can anyone confirm me this.. or link the drivers, as I'm goin crazy looking for them and I can't seem to find them.

Is anyone doing this or has seen the driver info that could show me a link?

Dane Bouwer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
as i understand, you only have one GTX 260 in your pc, question: where are you going to plug in the other two monitors if there are only two out put connections to the Card?

you'll first need to sli the card with another GTX 260 then connect all screens to the PC, 2 in the one card, and,obviously, 2 in the other card!

then in your display configuration it will pick up multi displays, there you can configure them to run Co-linear, or linear, :

1 2
3 4

remember, nvidia offers downloadable drivers for multi display, ensure that they are up to date and can offer the sequence you request!

hope this helps!!
Dane

kr3war561

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
I will have two 260's and they would not be in SLI, they would just be indepent as sli doesn't let you add more than two monitors.

And I know nvidia offers driver updates.. I have yet to find one that gives me the option to. And seeing as its for a customer and I won't be building it I need to be sure before he invests the money in it.

I have had a 4 monitor setup with three side by side and 1 (TV) above like so

This was with drivers from 4 years ago so yes it will work any nvidia card not just 260GTX.. I would go with newer card 460GTXs maybe I guess not a games so who cares. And yes can drag to top I do this with movies drag to tv and tadaa.

T

No, not surround just 2 video card not even matching one PCI-E the other PCI on a server system I use in my house. Not fancy but I was realy just trying to tell you the configuration will work no certain parts needed and has been able to work that way for years.. If you wanted to combine all say to watch a movie accross all of them then you get into eyefinity and nvidia surround junk.

T

You are looking at the wrong card for this type of use. For multy monitor 2D that isn't going to complicate things is a Quadro that support quad monitors although they are known to have issues with one of the ports. However if he/she does do some gaming you can still have quad monitor support while sli is enable. A friend of mine from Sweden have two GTX 295 in sli pushing two monitors each with a little 9800gt for the 5th monitor. Plus he does do some Badaboom encoding that loads all three cards.

elyon113

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

ok do you have any way of getting a copy of those drivers? because im trying to play burnout paradise with VGA connection on a 260GTX and it just keeps smooshing the 2 images together on one monitor or the other :0