.ut4mod Installation in UT2004 simply fails to work

Last response: in Video Games
September 12, 2005 3:23:25 AM

I recently installed UT2004 and managed to install Red Orchestra from
..ut4mod successfully. Now I'm trying to install another mod from
..ut4mod and it's just not working. It simply doesn't do anything. I
double-click on the .ut4mod file and bam, nothing. So I downloaded
another ut4mod file for another mod. Same problem. None of my ut4mods
are working anymore. What shall I do now? My only other recourse is
to go download the zipped file hierarchy install rather than the
ut4mod, but not all mods can be downloaded in this format! Thanks for
the help.
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 3:55:09 PM

On 11 Sep 2005 23:23:25 -0700, "Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:

>I recently installed UT2004 and managed to install Red Orchestra from
>.ut4mod successfully. Now I'm trying to install another mod from
>.ut4mod and it's just not working. It simply doesn't do anything. I
>double-click on the .ut4mod file and bam, nothing. So I downloaded
>another ut4mod file for another mod. Same problem. None of my ut4mods
>are working anymore. What shall I do now? My only other recourse is
>to go download the zipped file hierarchy install rather than the
>ut4mod, but not all mods can be downloaded in this format! Thanks for
>the help.

Sounds like you've lost your file association for UT2004. You can
hand-job it back in through Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File
Types. Assuming you're on Windows.

In my setup, the .UT4MOD extension looks like this:

e:\UT2004\System\Setup.exe install "%1"

Your drive letter will most likely be something other than e:
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 6:35:17 PM

Folk wrote:
> On 11 Sep 2005 23:23:25 -0700, "Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:
>
> >I recently installed UT2004 and managed to install Red Orchestra from
> >.ut4mod successfully. Now I'm trying to install another mod from
> >.ut4mod and it's just not working. It simply doesn't do anything. I
> >double-click on the .ut4mod file and bam, nothing. So I downloaded
> >another ut4mod file for another mod. Same problem. None of my ut4mods
> >are working anymore. What shall I do now? My only other recourse is
> >to go download the zipped file hierarchy install rather than the
> >ut4mod, but not all mods can be downloaded in this format! Thanks for
> >the help.
>
> Sounds like you've lost your file association for UT2004. You can
> hand-job it back in through Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File
> Types. Assuming you're on Windows.

Nope, I don't think I've lost my file association. If I had lost my
file association the file wouldn't have any icon and it would ask me
what I want to open it up with. Instead, it has an icon, and it just
does nothing.

> In my setup, the .UT4MOD extension looks like this:
>
> e:\UT2004\System\Setup.exe install "%1"

Here's mine

G:\Installs\UT2K4\System\Setup.exe install "%1"

Sooo ... any other ideas?
September 13, 2005 3:41:08 AM

"Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Folk wrote:
>> On 11 Sep 2005 23:23:25 -0700, "Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:
>>
>> >I recently installed UT2004 and managed to install Red Orchestra from
>> >.ut4mod successfully. Now I'm trying to install another mod from
>> >.ut4mod and it's just not working. It simply doesn't do anything. I
>> >double-click on the .ut4mod file and bam, nothing. So I downloaded
>> >another ut4mod file for another mod. Same problem. None of my ut4mods
>> >are working anymore. What shall I do now? My only other recourse is
>> >to go download the zipped file hierarchy install rather than the
>> >ut4mod, but not all mods can be downloaded in this format! Thanks for
>> >the help.
>>
>> Sounds like you've lost your file association for UT2004. You can
>> hand-job it back in through Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File
>> Types. Assuming you're on Windows.
>
> Nope, I don't think I've lost my file association. If I had lost my
> file association the file wouldn't have any icon and it would ask me
> what I want to open it up with. Instead, it has an icon, and it just
> does nothing.
>
>> In my setup, the .UT4MOD extension looks like this:
>>
>> e:\UT2004\System\Setup.exe install "%1"
>
> Here's mine
>
> G:\Installs\UT2K4\System\Setup.exe install "%1"
>
> Sooo ... any other ideas?

try to open the setup by typing it at the cmd prompt, perhaps you will get
an errormessage there.
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 1:05:17 AM

Ralf Glauberman wrote:
> "Cyde Weys" <cyde@umd.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> > Folk wrote:

> >> Sounds like you've lost your file association for UT2004. You can
> >> hand-job it back in through Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File
> >> Types. Assuming you're on Windows.
> >
> > Nope, I don't think I've lost my file association. If I had lost my
> > file association the file wouldn't have any icon and it would ask me
> > what I want to open it up with. Instead, it has an icon, and it just
> > does nothing.
> >
> >> In my setup, the .UT4MOD extension looks like this:
> >>
> >> e:\UT2004\System\Setup.exe install "%1"
> >
> > Here's mine
> >
> > G:\Installs\UT2K4\System\Setup.exe install "%1"
> >
> > Sooo ... any other ideas?
> >

> try to open the setup by typing it at the cmd prompt, perhaps you will get
> an errormessage there.

No such luck. It doesn't say anything, it just quits without every
doing anything.

I'm starting to get really fed up with this damn game. I spent good
money on it and I just installed one mod and now it's breaking whenever
I try to install any more?!
November 8, 2005 5:34:24 PM

Unreal 2004 is a very good game. But the UMOD system is buggy, and most computers hace problems with installing UMOD files. So when ever you get a new mod or what ever. Get the zip version, this issue has been realized and most if not all mods come in zip or rar... and UMOD.....
Anonymous
November 4, 2009 2:18:37 AM

i have made a patch file to handle this issue

the download is here i reccomend reinstalling the patch 3339 before using this or simply installing the latest patch

!