Thinking about doing this prebuild from Cyberpower. Does anyone see any compatibility issues or something I should change? I am not very savvy when it comes to building a computer so I am choosing to use cyberpower.
I would like to stay under $3500 total cost. I was going to buy the I780x processor but decided I might just put this one in instead and upgrade to the sandy bridge later based on some user comments I read in another post.
This machine will be used for many things including work stuff, gaming, stock trading, some porn (tasteful softcore of course) and email. I do not need a lot of storage, I have a couple external drives I back up important stuff on.
I also would ideally like to have the option for 3 monitors but not sure the best way to do that and I can live with 2. Please feel free to rebuild and suggest if you think my build sucks, as I said I am not savvy and just wanted to get something that I could upgrade as I go. If something is over kill in your opinion please tell me why you think so. I read posts saying that 12 gigs of memory is overkill but my current machine has 16 gigs of memory and it does not seem like over kill to me.
There is a link below to the machine I started with and made some downgrades to reduce the cost and tailor it. Not sure if you are allowed to post live links so change the http. Thanks for taking the time. ob
1) What are you going to do with this machine? There is no game currently available that uses more than 4GB of RAM. Unless you have some special need for so much RAM, suggest halving the amount to 6GB (you need three sticks for Triple channel memory.)
2) You have one of the most overclockable boards on the market. You really should learn how to tweak it yourself.
3) Replace the velociraptor with a larger WD caviar black, or Samsung spinpoint F3.
4) If you are gaming with this rig, then your video is barely adequate. Upgrade the 5770 with the money you are saving in RAM for a more balanced build.
1. I will use the machine for work and play. For work stuff I will usually have many spreadsheets open simultaneously that also use active x and dde links. I will also have several big programs open and running at the same time.
2. I will.
3. and 4. What would you recommend exactly?