Upgrading from gtx 260

Hello. Ive been trying to decide whether or not too upgrade to the gtx 460 over my gtx 260. I am mainly interested in being able to max out the upcing shogun 2 totalwar (early 2011) because i am not sure my computer can max it. My current specs are: Amd phenom IIx3 720
gtx 260 896 mb (no oc)
4 gb ddr3 ram

Do you feel that this purchase is woryh it or should i wait till the game comes out for a price drop or possibly a new series from nvidia? Perhaps my current system is fine though.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about upgrading
  1. The 460 is definitely no doubt an upgrade, but if the game doesn't come out for at least another 6-9 months, I would definitely wait on the upgrade so you can get the best deal.
  2. Alright thanks man. I got the 260 right a few months before the 400 series came out which was a bit of a downer. I dont want tobdo the same thing again haha do you know when the next series might be coming?
  3. No clue when the next series would be coming. I can venture a guess that it would be early 2011, but that's just a guess.
  4. Why put off upgrading ? It will always be a never ending battle of trying to time your purchase. Upgrade now and enjoy your new card. Sell your 260 and pick up a 460 or 470.

Egg has a MSI 470 for $269.00 after rebate with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127501&cm_re=gtx_470-_-14-127-501-_-Product
  5. Well i understand your point but i think id rather get a graphics card right before the games release (6-9 months) so that in that way i can either get a cheaper 460 maybe even a 480 or perhaps a newer card
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics Product