Netspeed

Hi! I cant get my Unreal Tournament to run good when i play on internet, its
almost always laggy, my netspeed is for the moment 8000 but i tryied
everything but no diferense, any suggestion? or is there anything else i can
adjust? i have a 8 meg down 1meg out connection and i guess that should be
ok.
5 answers Last reply
More about netspeed

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:17:39 GMT, "T" <puddingar@rixmail.se> wrote:

    >Hi! I cant get my Unreal Tournament to run good when i play on internet, its
    >almost always laggy, my netspeed is for the moment 8000 but i tryied
    >everything but no diferense, any suggestion? or is there anything else i can
    >adjust? i have a 8 meg down 1meg out connection and i guess that should be
    >ok.

    Post a traceroute to your favorite server.

    Are you sure there are no background tasks using your bandwidth? An
    upload (like a P2P app) will absolutely kill your ping.

    Yes i think to that i program is working at the backgound...My connection
    here is 4mbdownload
    and 1mb upload its working very fine here.........ping about 15/25 and no
    connection problems until this day...... and soon the ADSL provider putt
    some more speed in the connection 6MB/1mb for the same monny....

    greating and succes.

    "Folk" <Folk@folk.com> schreef in bericht
    > On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:17:39 GMT, "T" <puddingar@rixmail.se> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi! I cant get my Unreal Tournament to run good when i play on internet,
    >>its
    >>almost always laggy, my netspeed is for the moment 8000 but i tryied
    >>everything but no diferense, any suggestion? or is there anything else i
    >>can
    >>adjust? i have a 8 meg down 1meg out connection and i guess that should
    >>be
    >>ok.
    >
    > Post a traceroute to your favorite server.
    >
    > Are you sure there are no background tasks using your bandwidth? An
    > upload (like a P2P app) will absolutely kill your ping.

    There is no program running in the background but i have kerio firewall
    running, can it be that?

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:18:33 GMT, "T" <puddingar@rixmail.se> wrote:

    >There is no program running in the background but i have kerio firewall
    >running, can it be that?

    There's a good way to find out. ;-)

    My .02 on software firewalls:

    I wouldn't run one. Most systems today have a NAT router, either as
    part of an IP sharing scheme on their home network or it's built into
    their DSL/Cable modem. A NAT router *is* a firewall, and will protect
    your machine (if properly configured) from any unsolicited traffic
    from the outside world. It won't detect a trojan sending data
    *outbound*, but safe computing practices and a little common sense
    should prevent that sort of problem. As a simple check for that, I
    have my network connection icon sitting in the tray. Any unexplained
    communication would be easily spotted by noticing the blinking lights.

    >"T" <puddingar@rixmail.se> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Hi! I cant get my Unreal Tournament to run good when i play on internet,
    >> its almost always laggy, my netspeed is for the moment 8000 but i tryied
    >> everything but no diferense, any suggestion? or is there anything else i
    >> can adjust? i have a 8 meg down 1meg out connection and i guess that
    >> should be ok.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    No,, there is no router build in in my cablemodem so there must b somthing
    else. but isnt there anything else to adjust then the netspeed?

    "T" <puddingar@rixmail.se> skrev i meddelandet
    > Hi! I cant get my Unreal Tournament to run good when i play on internet,
    > its almost always laggy, my netspeed is for the moment 8000 but i tryied
    > everything but no diferense, any suggestion? or is there anything else i
    > can adjust? i have a 8 meg down 1meg out connection and i guess that
    > should be ok.

Games Video Games