Hi! I cant get my Unreal Tournament to run good when i play on internet, its
almost always laggy, my netspeed is for the moment 8000 but i tryied
everything but no diferense, any suggestion? or is there anything else i can
adjust? i have a 8 meg down 1meg out connection and i guess that should be
ok.

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:17:39 GMT, "T" <puddingar@rixmail.se> wrote:

>Hi! I cant get my Unreal Tournament to run good when i play on internet, its
>almost always laggy, my netspeed is for the moment 8000 but i tryied
>everything but no diferense, any suggestion? or is there anything else i can
>adjust? i have a 8 meg down 1meg out connection and i guess that should be
>ok.

Post a traceroute to your favorite server.

Are you sure there are no background tasks using your bandwidth? An
upload (like a P2P app) will absolutely kill your ping.

janneman

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005

Yes i think to that i program is working at the backgound...My connection
here is 4mbdownload
and 1mb upload its working very fine here.........ping about 15/25 and no
connection problems until this day...... and soon the ADSL provider putt
some more speed in the connection 6MB/1mb for the same monny....

greating and succes.

"Folk" <Folk@folk.com> schreef in bericht
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:17:39 GMT, "T" <puddingar@rixmail.se> wrote:
>
>>Hi! I cant get my Unreal Tournament to run good when i play on internet,
>>its
>>almost always laggy, my netspeed is for the moment 8000 but i tryied
>>everything but no diferense, any suggestion? or is there anything else i
>>can
>>adjust? i have a 8 meg down 1meg out connection and i guess that should
>>be
>>ok.
>
> Post a traceroute to your favorite server.
>
> Are you sure there are no background tasks using your bandwidth? An
> upload (like a P2P app) will absolutely kill your ping.

There is no program running in the background but i have kerio firewall
running, can it be that?

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:18:33 GMT, "T" <puddingar@rixmail.se> wrote:

>There is no program running in the background but i have kerio firewall
>running, can it be that?

There's a good way to find out. ;-)

My .02 on software firewalls:

I wouldn't run one. Most systems today have a NAT router, either as
part of an IP sharing scheme on their home network or it's built into
their DSL/Cable modem. A NAT router *is* a firewall, and will protect
your machine (if properly configured) from any unsolicited traffic
from the outside world. It won't detect a trojan sending data
*outbound*, but safe computing practices and a little common sense
should prevent that sort of problem. As a simple check for that, I
have my network connection icon sitting in the tray. Any unexplained
communication would be easily spotted by noticing the blinking lights.

>"T" <puddingar@rixmail.se> skrev i meddelandet
>> Hi! I cant get my Unreal Tournament to run good when i play on internet,
>> its almost always laggy, my netspeed is for the moment 8000 but i tryied
>> everything but no diferense, any suggestion? or is there anything else i
>> can adjust? i have a 8 meg down 1meg out connection and i guess that
>> should be ok.

No,, there is no router build in in my cablemodem so there must b somthing
else. but isnt there anything else to adjust then the netspeed?