Status
Not open for further replies.

double_d1

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
I've got a system built around an E8400 and a Asus P5Q PRO Turbo mother board. The MB and CPU alone set me back about $280.00, I'd like to switch over to a quad core. Would appreciate any suggestions, Thanks much.
double_d1

Solution
Unless you have special requirements . . . to get improved performance with an "old" quad you're gonna spend as much as you would for a newer cpu with equal or superior performance. If eg you are gaming, save your money, wait until Sandy Bridge, and upgrade the cpu/mobo.
Unless you have special requirements . . . to get improved performance with an "old" quad you're gonna spend as much as you would for a newer cpu with equal or superior performance. If eg you are gaming, save your money, wait until Sandy Bridge, and upgrade the cpu/mobo.

Solution

Fetal

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Why quad? The new quad wont lift up your experience in anything other than encoding (or GTA4). So dont waste money. Overclock this beast 8400 and enjoy.

(Disregard those AMD suggestions :) )

double_d1

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I'm going to wait until I have the cash and build something with a i5 in it. My brother's still using something with a Pentium 3 in it. I gave him a desktop with a Pentium 4 3.2 478 and he's afraid he'll loose data changing over and wont use it, it just sits there and wont let me help. To bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.