Athlon 245 bottleneck? video card with low power comsumption?

trubritarlol

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Hello, I ordered a hd5670 card for my pc, wich has an Athlon 2 x2 245
proccesor. I want to know if it's possible that the card gets bottlenecked by the cpu, because i'd be better off with a hd4670 if they perform about the same in my pc.

by the way, i chose those two cards because of the low power comsumption, and they don't need a power plug. can you recommend me another card with similar power requirements? or are those as good as it gets? thanks in advance.

Solution
The 5670 isnt likely to get bottle necked by your CPU, just turn up graphics settings until the bottleneck falls on the card. The 5670 is one of the best low power cards you can get, it performs better than the 4670 and uses the same power.
The 5670 isnt likely to get bottle necked by your CPU, just turn up graphics settings until the bottleneck falls on the card. The 5670 is one of the best low power cards you can get, it performs better than the 4670 and uses the same power.

Solution

trubritarlol

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
yeah, I just saw a gameplay series from some guy with practically the same PC as me with a xfx hd5670 and his frame-rates are what I'm looking for. I have 2gb of ram more than him, so that won't hurt. anyway, thanks to you 2.