Sign in with
Your question

Starcraft 2 - ATI Anti-Alias Support

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2010 5:05:25 PM

StarCraft 2 shipped without AA support for ATI cards, leaving units and buildings all jagged-looking for those with decent ATI cards. If anybody buying the game, ATI came out with new Catalyst drivers that give Starcraft 2 the AA it so richly deserves. They are a must-download.

Blizzard spent a lot of time on this game, I wonder why no native AA support for ATI. Hrm.
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 5:25:02 PM

no native support for nvidia either...
August 5, 2010 5:28:25 PM

True, but Nvidia was on the ball a lot quicker. They had new drivers out while the beta was still going on.
Related resources
a c 195 U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 5:29:39 PM

Yeah, but both take a fairly significant hit implementing it from driver side, hopefully blizzard will add software support for it to reduce the massive performance hit.
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 5:35:59 PM

Not to mention fix their stupid white glitchy flashing of images in game. I'm so annoyed by it. I mean, look at my specs, shouldn't I be able to run this game at max specs without issues? (1680x1050)
a c 358 U Graphics card
August 5, 2010 6:40:26 PM

Isn't up to the developer to include support for AA (and other features offered by video cards)?

Does this mean that ATI / nVidia must write sub-routines for each individual game that comes out so that AA and other features supported by their cards are being implemented?

Are developers becoming lazy?

Does this mean ATI / nVidia should be developing games for the developers?
!