I Ball PSU

and i wanna change to

AMD Athlon ii X4 635
GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
2 GB DDR3
Corsair 450w
GTS 250

.. i've a budget of 20k rupees
of course it'll come over by a k or 2 which i'll manage..

i wana know if i can play with this for atleast a year or two without any problems..
at high or good settings..

oh btw my monitor is a small 19" viewsonic which i have no intention of changing..
1440x900..
shoudnt be a prob right???

nvyaniv

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
just one question though.. can i get a cheaper mobo.. i keep feeling that the mobo costs a lot.. so am wondering if i can get something cheaper for the same features..???

Cheaper? That mobo is already good, you can get different mobo with the same features but lack of quality. The question is: Do you want it? If you want, we can suggest you a board that much cheaper than that... Much cheaper.

nvyaniv

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
hmmmm.. good point.. i don wanna cheap out on the mobo.. i guess i'll stick with this one.. but i coudnt help notice that 785gm us2h has basically the same features but is lil cheaper.. wats da deal???

nvyaniv

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
and @ lutfij...
which board to be exact among the 880/890?? i mean if its cheaper i 'll buy cause am a really tight budget here..
also the guy whom i buy it from stays very far so i can go meet him like once to get the estimate.. so if u could pin point it i'd appreciate it..

Lutfij

Titan

I looked it up on newegg.com but it's out of stock. How much are ou paying for ths board - GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H -?
scratch that! whats your total budget?

a few more questions:
Where dya live?
you ordering online?
you have any online sites preferences?

So you'll be visiting your microcenter...see the thing with where i live, Bangladesh, is there's a limited number of brands for mobos and all we have here are Intels. AMD's have been wiped off since the begging of this year. I order my stuff overseas for those that i can't get here.SO we'll need to know what limitions (if any) you'll have?

nvyaniv

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
i stay in india.. there is a store where i can get it from.. dont wry it legit.. with bill warranty and everything.. but like i said its lil far.. so i cant go every now and then.. so i need to get the item names once and for all so i can get an estimation first.. the 785gm us2h my friend bought for around 4.5.. so am guessing ud2h 'll be 4.8 or 4.7..
so am curious as to a how a higher end model 'll be availabe for the same price..

nvyaniv

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
@^^^
like i said in my first post itself.. am looking to finish it in and around 20k.. i know it may strech a bit.. so only i said am on a tight budget.. and FYI i still dono da prices.. :D ma just looking for options first.. then i'll go get an estimation..
oh ya ma from bangalore

Lutfij

Titan
:O well that shore narrows down our possibilities :D

20K...bummer!

Its based on my experience/prices where i live, so it'll be a lil lower (due to currency conversion - i think)

Intel build: (bare with me :) the | are seperators for other choices
CPU - Intel Core i3-530/540
Mobo - Intel DH55TC(but they're crap, i wou;dn't ask you to get it) | Asus P7H55/USB3 | Asus P7H55D-M pro | Asus PH57D-V Evo
RAM - Dual channel kit, 4GB of DDR3 1333MHz | OCZ | Corsair Dominator GT's (don't get XMS series) | G.skill | Mushkin Enhanced
PSU - 500W | Corsair | Thermaltake | Seasonic | Antec (80+ certified rating advised)

Notice i haven't included a GPU in this build. The i3-540 together with the H55/H57 board have VGA/video output cos of the i3's IGPU which is capable of running games at 1080p - i played POP-The forgotten sands on my pals PC.

Save the cash and spend it when the Ati5770 prices will dip a lil, it'll will be a better buy than the GTS250.

AMD build
CPU - AMD Athlon II X4 620/620/640
Mobo - Asus M4A87TD/USB3 | MSI 870A-G54 | BIOSTAR TA870+ | BIOSTAR TA890FXE | ASRock 890FX DELUXE3
RAM - 4GB DDR3 1333MHz same as Intel recommendation BUT don't get XMP profiled rams for AMD
GPU - as your getting no onboard the mobo, get the ATi5750/5770 here.
PSU - 500W same as intel recommendation

HDD not included? SSD's are out of the picture :na: cos of budget :D

FOOOOOOF - I'm beat after looking through ITdepot with the overpriced ***, you guys have hardware priced higher than US :O

NOW Your good to go tomorrow for a quotation/estimation.The prices stated on most IT sites (indian) are overpriced new/old crap ... so i took a hunch and set up your builds. I saw in this movie Rocket Singh, you have a depot where you get cheaper builds, yet they are the same thing as that sold online. IMHO - Just "marked up" premium prices.

Too bad you are not aware on the prices.. The GTS 250 along with the Corsair VX 450 are going to cost above 10k.. That will leave another 10k or so for motherboard, processor, ram and other stuff.. That's pushing a bit too much.. Either increase your budget or try second hand deals on few components.. Btw, which store are you planning to get it from.? I too am from Bangalore and am well acquainted with quite a few pc hardware stores here.. May be I can help you get some good deals..

Tamz_msc

Distinguished

That is what I was thinking as well.Hence I linked to that motherboard on my previous post.The OP definitely needs to make some alterations in his build.

nvyaniv

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
i buy it at s p road.. theres this place called pavan electronics.. i get it from there.. i know the guy pretty well so i get a deent discount.. so thats am counting on.. if u can help me get a better price i'd gladly appreciate any help u can offer..

the alternative builds are good but my bro and me would prefer an amd system than an intel any day for the price...

Since you have a trusted dealer already, get in touch with him and then start the build up process.. Your dealer should be able to tell you precisely what fits your budget.. Take the quotation and let us all here have a look at it to give further suggestions..