Choosing best brand for new ssd drive with less problems for RMA

cesm1980

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hi, i am new here, and this is my first post here :)

I am planning to buy my first ssd drive, and since until a few days ago i was a COMPLETE newbie in relation to ssd drives, after reading some ssd articles and posts in this forum, and since my MAIN goal is to have the ssd last as LONG as possible with less possible wear, i learned that it's better having a larger ssd (128gb for example) so that it gets worn a lot less and has a much longer lifespan because of that.

Also keep in mind i will be only able to use any SSD drive in sata2 mode since my motherboard is the m4A785TD-V EVO and i can't afford both an ssd drive and a sata3 add-on card.

Now considering to which brand to choose, one of the main factors i am considering is which brand usually gives less problems with RMA and also considering my location (portugal) because i have read SO MANY complains of drives dying in just 1 month or a few weeks that i have to be prepared for RMA and in relation to my country i am not sure what difficulties i could come with (for example it would be best if the drive wouldn't have to travel outside of europe or way too far because of "customs" bills). It's because of this that i am really very carefull in choosing the drive, specially because i have to choose the cheapest ones, that's what also worries me, and in that case i have to choose the less problematic brand when it related to RMA too.

Other factor is usually which brand of ssd has the most reliable drives and specially which ones are more prepared to deal with wear (i mean, which ones have better wear leveling algoritms), i have read already DOUZENS of reviews on newegg but what scares me is the huge amount of drives dying so soon, and very rarely i see any reviews related to ssd drives lasting years with little wear, this is why i am asking for advice here, i think i have read somewhere that some brands and models are actually BETTER when dealing with wear, and that depends on the controllers they use, and i can't afford more expensive drives than the ones i am going to list.

Here's the list of drives i am considering and which are the most expensive ones i can afford :

Kingston SSDNow V+200 120GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive SVP200S3/120G
GSkill 120GB Phoenix III 2.5 SATA III SSD - FM-25S3-120GBP3
Intel 120GB Series 330 2.5 SATA III MLC SSD - SSDSC2CT120A3K5
TeamGroup 120GB Xtreem S2 SATA III SSD - T253S2120GMC103
OCZ Agility 3 120Gb SSD 2.5 SATA 3 - AGT3-25SAT3-120G

All of these have more or less the same price so i would like to choose them by the brand with less difficulties in case of a RMA, since maybe in terms of wear, probably all of them are all the same, but if someone knows if any of these is better for longer lifespans, please advice! Meanwhile of course i will keep reading reviews.

cesm1980

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Thanks for the info, since i can mostly only choose from one of those ssd drives i mentioned on the list, is that particular intel model good as well ? Does it also apply to the trusted models for intel ? I hope that this isn't a "cheap" and lower quality model from intel since it's not from the most expensive ones...

And now regarding RMA, usually intel is good on this ?

cesm1980

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Yeah i am already reading all those reviews on the ssds indeed i think this is indeed the best choice, so far i am pleased with the reviews on this drive, and very probably it's the one i am gonna buy.