Computer locks up when have microsoft wheelmouse connected.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I made a mistake and loaded Intellipoint 4.1 when I installed the new mouse.
The computer gets to the Windows XP screen with the scrolling bar, and locks
up at that point. If I unplug the USB or S/P mouse prior to starting the
computer, it will then load properly. Once I reach the desktop, I plug in the
mouse and it works fine. I have tried Logitec too, which also locks up the
computer. I am thinking that the Intellipoint did something to the registry.
I installed the most current version of Intellipoint, which did not help.

I have uninstalled/re-installed the software and device drivers, did not help

You only need to use 1 plug in at a time,2 gets you the results that youre
having.