3D Applications(Maya,3ds Max,VUE etc) Rendering System

comseek

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
Hi
I am Working with 3D Aplications like Maya,3ds Max, VUE(e-on),After Effects like.
Above Aplications Especially Vue take toomuch Rendering time. We are using 2k,4k Resolution objects for Rendering.
Please advice me which Processor and other sources for Best and to reduce Rendering time.
In processor Which is Essential for Rendering (Closk speed, or L2 Catch, or Cores)?
Please select one of the below processor list.
i5 760 (4c/4T) 2.8Ghz--8Mb L3 catch 2.5 Gts Qpi LGA1156
or
i5 670 (2C/4T)3.46 Ghz 4Mb L3 catch 2.5 Gts Qpi LGA1156 (This is 2 Cores processor with low clock speed)
or
i7 670 (4C/8T)3.06 Ghz 4Mb L3 catch 4.8 Gts Qpi FCLGA 1366

Prasad

For your mentioned resolutions works, a dual processor system will be the best setup.. But I guess you can't afford it.. So, from your provided list, the third option, which I believe is the i7 950, would be the best option.. Also make sure you've good amount of ram.. 12GB will be a good start though might get inadequate for your work files..

P.S. - For renderings, cores matter more followed by clock speed and then cache..

comseek

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010

Hi,
First Thanks for your reply.Your guessing is correct that is i7 950.
I have some doubts(dont hesitate).What is the main difference between xeon processor w 3550 (3.06 Ghz)(i know this is work station series) and i7 950 Both are same configuration except Demand based switching(DBS).Price tag also same what we get with xeon series. Both are 1136 socket also.So many professionals are use only xeons what is the reason?

And i have some confuse with with i7 870 processor with this processor we got both Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x), Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d), and Intel® Trusted Execution Technology
but we lost little bit clock speed(2.93 hz) than i 7 870.
What is the main purpose of Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
please clarify me
thanking you
prasad