Computer wont start properly

Hello, My name is Ian. I have a very strange problem. i had a new power supply installed in my computer. Since the new install I started having start up problems.

First: I could not start the computer if any USB was connected. I could pull all the USB cables out and then it started. Then It got worse...

Now, when I want to start the computer I must first remove all USB than I have to reomve the side panel and disconnect the ATX power connecter for a few soconds and reconnect it. When I reconnect the ATX all the lights and Fans will activate for a second and then I can push the power button. Sometimes I will have to do this a few times for it to start, disconnecting ATX and reconnecting. I have noticed that the computer transmits a small pulsing sound through the speakers when it is turned off but still connected to the power. Funny enough every time I remove a USB device the pulsing becomes quieter.

This prblem is just a wee bit annoying but I can live with it.
Power supply is: Antec Neo HE500
Mainboard is: Foxconn K8M890M2MA

Any help would be greatly welcome.

All the best.

Ian
3 answers Last reply
More about computer wont start properly
  1. More details on System.

OS. Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    RAM. 4GB.
    Graphics. 7800gtx
    CPU: AMD athlon 64 X 2 6000+

If you need any more details just ask.
  2. These are the symptoms of an under powered or faulty power supply. Change your power supply.
  3. OK. Thanks you for your answer. Ill slap my friend that got me the power supply while i'm at it :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Power Supplies Computer USB Systems