9800gt vs gts250

zotac 9800 gt amped died and the are giving me this card GeForce GTS 250 512mb gddr3. how does this card fare.
13 answers Last reply
More about 9800gt gts250
  1. It's an upgrade, a small one but still an upgrade.
  2. will I see a difference in my games?
  3. There would be improvements sure but not at noticeable levels which again depends on the game.. My verdict, go for the GTS 250..
  4. Just think of the GTS250 as a 9800GTX+ (because it is) and compare the numbers.





    Source.
  5. I appreciate it, been to Best buy and staples and they said that the new chips in the 200 series of gefroce are better than the 9800 series, and was trying to sell me a 230 model until zotac contacted me the other day and asked if I wanted the gts 250 as a replacement since the 9800 gt out lasted its time and they were getting rid of the bunch. so i just needed to know. thank you, in 5 more days itll be here
  6. travismontana said:
    I appreciate it, been to Best buy and staples and they said that the new chips in the 200 series of gefroce are better than the 9800 series, and was trying to sell me a 230 model until zotac contacted me the other day and asked if I wanted the gts 250 as a replacement since the 9800 gt out lasted its time and they were getting rid of the bunch. so i just needed to know. thank you, in 5 more days itll be here

    That would have elicited a response involving extreme violence if it had been me in that store! :lol: The 210, 220, 230 and 240 are replacements for the low end and none of those cards are much faster than the 9600GT (GT240). The GTS250 is just a rebadged 9800GTX+ and some have the older 65nm GPU and some the newer 55nm one but both are still the G92 arch just as the low end 200's are the older arch on a 40nm process.
  7. well im glad I used my head and asked on here before I bought any of those, I trust this site when it comes to electronics and advice
  8. been out of the loop of electronics due to the war. home for good now and want to get updated with everything
  9. i've seen them state to customers that the GT240 1GB DDR2 is faster then the 9800GTX 512mb DDR3 because of the extra memory...and from some of the threads of i've read those customers like to repeat those replies here... :kaola:
  10. travismontana said:
    well im glad I used my head and asked on here before I bought any of those, I trust this site when it comes to electronics and advice

    Thanks :), I would like to think that the collective knowledge on this forum far exceeds that of the average Best Buy/Staples drone. :lol:
  11. Mousemonkey said:
    Thanks :), I would like to think that the collective knowledge on this forum far exceeds that of the average Best Buy/Staples drone. :lol:


    hey mousey, want to buy an Compaq PC? athlon II x2 CPU, 8 GB RAM for gaming, and Intel graphics chip! it can play Crysis!!! :D
  12. I wouldn't buy that if I was having a Crysis! :lol:
  13. thats even weaker than what i have
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Zotac Geforce Graphics