Let us have a good mood when faced heavy traffic jam

James34_21

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Thread: Nowadays, the growing number of people to buy a car, because it will more convenient to them going out. As a result, the pavement condition is more and more terrible, for example, heavy traffic jam. When faced this problem, a lot of people will have a bad temper.

However, i want to buy a car holder for my ipad3, in this way, when faced the traffic jam, i can listen soft music, surf online, doing any things what i want in my ipad3 in order to relieve my mood. Maybe it will be a good idea. My friend recommend me a car holder, it has a interesting name -- TaoTronics, but i just know its name, without any more information about it, can you assist with me?

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Good one blackhawk. I have much love for manuals, they just kinda suck in gridlock. Granted you have a 540 right? If that's a manual it's a pretty slick one so would be a little better. Last manual I owned had a sport clutch and my knee was done after an hour of rush hour traffic.
On topic though. James you should look at the laws for distracted driving where you live. The cops where I live have even ticketed people using ipods for music. Taotronics has been around for a while. I've used some of their higher wattage LED lights and they were very high quality, just expensive but you get what you pay for.

James34_21

Honorable
May 31, 2012

get a clutch? what is your meaning, can you give me more information about it?

James34_21

Honorable
May 31, 2012

Thanks a lot for your reply. i will go to look at the laws for distracted driving. Maybe i also need get a clutch, but i still want to buy a car holder, and i will have a try to buy a TaoTronics one. Before purchasing i want to know how is the after-sale service of TaoTronics?

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
What do I mean get a clutch?
Get a car that has a Clutch. A clutch means that the car has a manual transmission. Instead having

P-Par
R-Reverse
N-Neutral
D-Drive

you have a shift knob that goes from 1-5 or 1-6 gears that you manually change, the middle is neutral. Every time you shift gears you also have depress the clutch which a third pedal next to your brake.

When you are stopped, your shifter is in neutral. To get moving every single time you must depress your clutch, put the shifter into 1st gear, then slowly release the clutch while giving it gas then once your RPM's climb, you must repeat same process with 2nd gear.

My point was that in traffic, your car will keep you so busy that you won't have time/energy to focus on electronics or your mood.

Good one blackhawk. I have much love for manuals, they just kinda suck in gridlock. Granted you have a 540 right? If that's a manual it's a pretty slick one so would be a little better. Last manual I owned had a sport clutch and my knee was done after an hour of rush hour traffic.

I do have a 540. The clutch is not really that heavy, and doesn't annoy me too much in traffic, but then again i've never really been in extreme traffic. However, I'd never put a sport clutch on a road car, its way to heavy due to the pressure plates and its not smooth, its either on or off and every time you shift it feels like you just drop the clutch. Good for a track car, not really road. When I drive though, you can't really do anything. I turn on my music before I go and then I don't really touch my console unless I'm stopped. Manual keeps you focused on the road.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
The only products from TaoTronics I've used were $800+ LED lights. I've never had an issue with them so don't know how warranty work would be from them. They are a pretty reputable company with a lot of industrial business so I assume they should be pretty good for it.

Blackhawk, the last car was a weekend warrior and a stock one would never have lasted. I completely agree with never putting one in on a daily driver. I had to comment on your beemer because it's few and far between you find a better feeling clutch and transmission on another make of vehicle.