Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Judge Lets Sony Unmask Visitors to PS3-Jailbreaking Site

Last response: in News & Leisure
March 7, 2011 9:52:23 PM

I didn't read the entire story, but Mr. Hotz appears to be in some kind of physial distress. Like He just finished Axing a federal judge to little pieces for subpoenaing his IP provider for information relavant to a serious crime. Can He do that?
March 7, 2011 10:34:28 PM

Good. You buy a PS3, you get what you paid for. I'm about to give my opinion on people and their PS3 jailbreaking fetishes...

First of all, it's illegal. Period. It doesn't matter whether or not you think you should be allowed to. If you wanted a Linux platform, go buy a PC and put Linux on it. Stop whining your freaking arses off because you can't run linux on a platform that's designed to be used as a gaming and multimedia center.

And that's just it. The PS3 is a gaming-multimedia platform. It isn't this godly image of perfection that these worthless hackers feel like it should be. You're doing nothing more than driving prices up for everyone else and making everything more inconvenient for the public as a whole.

/rant

God, do I hate these self-proclaimed 'hackers' who think they're doing the right thing by breaking the law and trying to use their PS3s in ways it wasn't intended to be used. Enough said.
March 8, 2011 3:21:33 PM

Hey! They bought it. They should be able to whatever they want with it.

It's like buying a GM car, then having the dealer say, "Oh, by the way. You cannot customize it."
March 8, 2011 8:00:03 PM

jsc said:
Hey! They bought it. They should be able to whatever they want with it.

It's like buying a GM car, then having the dealer say, "Oh, by the way. You cannot customize it."

I saw this and thought of your ideas of resolve.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/03/08/oregon.intruder.911...
March 8, 2011 8:23:05 PM

someguynamedmatt said:
Good. You buy a PS3, you get what you paid for. I'm about to give my opinion on people and their PS3 jailbreaking fetishes...

First of all, it's illegal. Period. It doesn't matter whether or not you think you should be allowed to. If you wanted a Linux platform, go buy a PC and put Linux on it. Stop whining your freaking arses off because you can't run linux on a platform that's designed to be used as a gaming and multimedia center.

And that's just it. The PS3 is a gaming-multimedia platform. It isn't this godly image of perfection that these worthless hackers feel like it should be. You're doing nothing more than driving prices up for everyone else and making everything more inconvenient for the public as a whole.

/rant

God, do I hate these self-proclaimed 'hackers' who think they're doing the right thing by breaking the law and trying to use their PS3s in ways it wasn't intended to be used. Enough said.

Im so sick of people on thier anti hacking high horse. Riddle me this Batman,

1. How is hacking a system that YOU PAID FOR illegal?
2. If you accept NO EULA to sign into psn, how are you accepting that sony says what you can and cant do with A SYSTEM YOU PAID FOR.
3. You obviously support that any equipment you buy, your just leasing.

Now saying that, I do not support people that go onto the PSN and use a hacked system to obstruct the fun from other users.

But your short sided thinking is what scares me. Your supporting a problem that these companies can just go to any judge and ask them to give up the identities of people that went to a site and looked at this stuff. Also people that looked at his youtube account are outed also. So even If I dont own a ps3, sony is going to try to sue me cause I looked?

Its alot bigger than hacking a system. Whats going on here is going to set a tone on how any company could handle future problems. Just go and ask a judge.

Obviously you didnt read that the new 3ds coming out can and will be BRICKED if your using an "unauthorized sd card". So you pay 350 for a system and nintendo can disable it when they feel?

Please step off your soapbox. You speak like you never burned a cd or watched a movie that you rented with other people. Those are "illegal too"
March 11, 2011 1:20:42 PM

That intruder prolly broke into mrface or Ry's home and saw picturers on the wall of them blasting things with their Desert Eagles (read ... hand cannon).

I'd call 911 if I heard a loud audible click ... followed by a slightly insane giggle.

April 14, 2011 6:11:27 PM

someguynamedmatt said:

Under your belief I will be restricted on that PC as well. I purchased hardware but now I have to look back to the corporation who built it and ask them is it ok to do this? Can I change this? Can I upgrade that?

If you have not been keeping up Sony just pulled out of the case and settled behind closed doors. This proves to me that Sony was well aware that there was never a chance for them to win the case. Their initial tantrum was for show and intimidation and "legalized" illegal information gathering.

Your corporation worship is just sad. :pfff: 
September 12, 2011 3:35:42 PM

This topic has been closed by Reynod
!