BG2 and TOB mod question

Hi

I am just about to start BG2 (including TOB installed) and want to make the
game as realistic as possible (within the confines of the program,
naturally).

I know there are certain mods out there that make certain fights more
realistic regarding the NPCs and their strategies, and also some others that
change things (not sure what though) in the game.

Could someone point me in the right direction regarding which mods I should
install, and in which order, to have the most balanced, realistic game.

Also, I haven't yet installed the no-cd crack, but intend to, will this fcuk
the mods up?

I would appreciate direct replies to this as well as group posts if
possible.

Many thanks,

--

Rich (change nospam to mlu035 to reply direct)

"Richard Clarke" <nospam@mlu035.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am just about to start BG2 (including TOB installed) and want to make
the
> game as realistic as possible (within the confines of the program,
> naturally).
>
> I know there are certain mods out there that make certain fights more
> realistic regarding the NPCs and their strategies, and also some others
that
> change things (not sure what though) in the game.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction regarding which mods I
should
> install, and in which order, to have the most balanced, realistic game.

Balance is very dependent on how you choose to play the game.
Do you cast helpful spells on the group before a battle? Do you
take opponents by surprise whenever you can? Do you choose
not to do these and similar things because it just seems like bullying -
your opponents sure aren't going to be doing much of any of this.

Take a look at Tactics - for me it makes for a more realistic, balanced
game; for some others it doesn't. Give it a shot. Be prepared to die.
Never go to Small Teeth Pass directly from Athkatla.

Also add Ascension.

> Also, I haven't yet installed the no-cd crack, but intend to, will this
fcuk
> the mods up?

I have no idea.

Richard Clarke wrote:

> Also, I haven't yet installed the no-cd crack, but intend to, will this fcuk
> the mods up?

Very unlikely since the mods don't change the main .exe and the crack
only changes the main .exe
Another option IIRC is to thrown an ISO-Image of the CD required by the
copyprotection onto the HDD and use daemontools to mount it on a virtual
CD-Drive.

Uli