Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

2 Network Connections on XP Pro

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 11:36:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

I have Windows XP Pro

I have 2 networks at home

- Dedicated Cable connection to this PC only

- ADSL Connection that feeds a Router.



Is it possible to have 2 nic cards one that goes to my Router to gain
access to my internal network and another for my dedicated Cable
connection?

I really wouldn’t even need to access the internet from the LAN
connection.

Any thoughts?

--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Netwo...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1316060
July 24, 2005 3:26:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Just curious;
Why do wish to use seperate connections/networks?

"eter4" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
news:3_1316060_8328bda34e5395cb4e228148371c6461@windowsforumz.com...
> I have Windows XP Pro
>
> I have 2 networks at home
>
> - Dedicated Cable connection to this PC only
>
> - ADSL Connection that feeds a Router.
>
>
>
> Is it possible to have 2 nic cards one that goes to my Router to gain
> access to my internal network and another for my dedicated Cable
> connection?
>
> I really wouldnâ?Tt even need to access the internet from the LAN
> connection.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
request
> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL:
http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Netwo...
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1316060
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 4:35:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

"" wrote:
> Just curious;
> Why do wish to use seperate connections/networks?
>
> "eter4" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> news:3_1316060_8328bda34e5395cb4e228148371c6461@windowsforumz.com...
> > I have Windows XP Pro
> >
> > I have 2 networks at home
> >
> > - Dedicated Cable connection to this PC only
> >
> > - ADSL Connection that feeds a Router.
> >
> >
> >
> > Is it possible to have 2 nic cards one that goes to my
> Router to gain
> > access to my internal network and another for my dedicated
> Cable
> > connection?
> >
> > I really wouldnâ?Tt even need to access the internet from
> the LAN
> > connection.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> request
> > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Netwo...
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1316060

Because I need a PC on a Cable connection that is outside of the
firewall but I want to be able to print from my local Lan
July 25, 2005 1:32:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Well I have two nic connections on my mobo, they can both be enabled, though
I only use one.
via reuter for cable/network/print server. The nic's are from different
supplier (nvidea + 3com)
Not sure I follow the 'outside firewall' part since the firewall is on the
PC

"eter4" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
news:3_1321967_88cff18907f10ebc9fc41489aeefc79f@windowsforumz.com...
> "" wrote:
> > Just curious;
> > Why do wish to use seperate connections/networks?
> >
> > "eter4" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > news:3_1316060_8328bda34e5395cb4e228148371c6461@windowsforumz.com...
> > > I have Windows XP Pro
> > >
> > > I have 2 networks at home
> > >
> > > - Dedicated Cable connection to this PC only
> > >
> > > - ADSL Connection that feeds a Router.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Is it possible to have 2 nic cards one that goes to my
> > Router to gain
> > > access to my internal network and another for my dedicated
> > Cable
> > > connection?
> > >
> > > I really wouldnâ?Tt even need to access the internet from
> > the LAN
> > > connection.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
> > standards
> > > Topic URL:
> >
http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Netwo...
> > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> > abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1316060
>
> Because I need a PC on a Cable connection that is outside of the
> firewall but I want to be able to print from my local Lan
!