2 Network Connections on XP Pro

I have Windows XP Pro

I have 2 networks at home

- Dedicated Cable connection to this PC only

- ADSL Connection that feeds a Router.

Is it possible to have 2 nic cards one that goes to my Router to gain
access to my internal network and another for my dedicated Cable
connection?

I really wouldn’t even need to access the internet from the LAN
connection.

Any thoughts?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Network-Connections-XP-Pro-ftopict398638.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1316060

dl

Just curious;
Why do wish to use seperate connections/networks?

"" wrote:
> Just curious;
> Why do wish to use seperate connections/networks?
>
> "eter4" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > I have Windows XP Pro
> >
> > I have 2 networks at home
> >
> > - Dedicated Cable connection to this PC only
> >
> > - ADSL Connection that feeds a Router.
> >

> > Is it possible to have 2 nic cards one that goes to my
> Router to gain
> > access to my internal network and another for my dedicated
> Cable
> > connection?
> >
> > I really wouldnâ?Tt even need to access the internet from
> the LAN
> > connection.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Network-Connections-XP-Pro-ftopict398638.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:

Because I need a PC on a Cable connection that is outside of the
firewall but I want to be able to print from my local Lan

dl

Well I have two nic connections on my mobo, they can both be enabled, though
I only use one.
via reuter for cable/network/print server. The nic's are from different
supplier (nvidea + 3com)
Not sure I follow the 'outside firewall' part since the firewall is on the
PC