2 Network Connections on XP Pro

I have Windows XP Pro

I have 2 networks at home

- Dedicated Cable connection to this PC only

- ADSL Connection that feeds a Router.

Is it possible to have 2 nic cards one that goes to my Router to gain
access to my internal network and another for my dedicated Cable
connection?

I really wouldn’t even need to access the internet from the LAN
connection.

Any thoughts?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Network-Connections-XP-Pro-ftopict398638.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1316060
3 answers Last reply
More about network connections

    Just curious;
    Why do wish to use seperate connections/networks?

    "" wrote:
    > Just curious;
    > Why do wish to use seperate connections/networks?
    >
    > "eter4" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > > I have Windows XP Pro
    > >
    > > I have 2 networks at home
    > >
    > > - Dedicated Cable connection to this PC only
    > >
    > > - ADSL Connection that feeds a Router.
    > >

    > > Is it possible to have 2 nic cards one that goes to my
    > Router to gain
    > > access to my internal network and another for my dedicated
    > Cable
    > > connection?
    > >
    > > I really wouldnâ?Tt even need to access the internet from
    > the LAN
    > > connection.
    > >
    > > Any thoughts?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    > request
    > standards
    > > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Network-Connections-XP-Pro-ftopict398638.html
    > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
    > abuse:

    Because I need a PC on a Cable connection that is outside of the
    firewall but I want to be able to print from my local Lan

    Well I have two nic connections on my mobo, they can both be enabled, though
    I only use one.
    via reuter for cable/network/print server. The nic's are from different
    supplier (nvidea + 3com)
    Not sure I follow the 'outside firewall' part since the firewall is on the
    PC

    "eter4" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > "" wrote:
    > > Just curious;
    > > Why do wish to use seperate connections/networks?
    > >
    > > "eter4" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > > > I have Windows XP Pro
    > > >
    > > > I have 2 networks at home
    > > >
    > > > - Dedicated Cable connection to this PC only
    > > >
    > > > - ADSL Connection that feeds a Router.
    > > >

    > > > Is it possible to have 2 nic cards one that goes to my
    > > Router to gain
    > > > access to my internal network and another for my dedicated
    > > Cable
    > > > connection?
    > > >
    > > > I really wouldnâ?Tt even need to access the internet from
    > > the LAN
    > > > connection.
    > > >
    > > > Any thoughts?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    > > request
    > > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
    > > standards
    > > > Topic URL:

    http://www.windowsforumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Network-Connections-XP-Pro-ftopict398638.html
    > > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
    > > abuse:
    > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1316060
    >
    > Because I need a PC on a Cable connection that is outside of the
    > firewall but I want to be able to print from my local Lan

Configuration Connection Windows XP