Sign in with
Your question

Crucial M4 128GB vs. Corsair Force 3 120GB

Last response: in Storage
December 23, 2012 4:18:00 PM

Hey, I ordered a PC from a shop and I guess I still have a chance to call them and ask them to replace my SSD with something else.
So I ordered it with a Corsair Force 3 120GB, I didn't really have time to look up benchmarks on Google in the store! So I chose the first cheap 120GB SSD, and it was the Corsair Force 3, but now I saw the Crucial M4 and found out that it's better with a $10 difference which isn't that much, is't really faster? Should I go with the M4?
December 23, 2012 4:46:10 PM

I don't know if it's against the rules to post twice in an hour, but I really need fast help, I'm not sure if the store will still let me change my mind.
m
l
a b G Storage
December 23, 2012 4:58:05 PM

I think you should be able to change your order, as stores and post offices get really busy at Christmas time.

It is a really good move to go with Crucial M4 128GB, as the Corsair Force 3 120GB has some issues http://www.tomshardware.com/news/corsair-force3-recall-...

If you find a good deal on the Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB I´d go for it!
m
l
Related resources
a c 353 G Storage
December 23, 2012 5:02:47 PM

^ concur on M4.
Samsung 840 pro is at a premium, recommend the Samsung 830 which is usally about the same price as the M4.

Might see differences using benchmarks, but in REAL life, there is NOT as much difference between the better SSD in performance, I usally go with Reliability/least user problems and in that Vain the Crucial M4, Samsung 830 and the plextor M5 are generally amomg the Best choices.
m
l
December 23, 2012 5:26:30 PM

Meh, I will maybe stick with the Corsair, my dad paid alot for this and if I ask him to get me more he will probably not like the idea.. Not because of the $10 difference, he already paid more than $1000 so it's not the point, he doesn't want me to be like "O I want this and this and this, no this isn't good.."
Well, what's the difference in boot time between both, don't give me other options, only these are close in price.
And thanks for both users for replies.
m
l
!