Motherboard,cooler and memory compatibility

Last response: in Motherboards
August 2, 2011 7:07:38 PM

Hi every1,

My config probably will be:

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (Micro-atx)
Hyper 212 plus
Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4)

I would like to know if I will have any issues because the motherboard is small, cooler is a little bit big and the memory heat spreaders are tall .

Thx....
a b V Motherboard
August 2, 2011 7:38:01 PM

Your GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 has 4 240pin so you have 4 memory slot. A set of Corsair Vengeance comes with TALL heat spreaders. You should install the memory first before installing the heatsink. Some people installed in the first slot without any problem but the heat spreader will be close to the Hyper 212+. Don't think you will have any problems though. If anything, you can use the other RAM slots.
m
l
August 2, 2011 7:44:09 PM

It really depends on if you want to mount the fan on the Hyper 212+ where it is over the RAM. The cooler doesn't allow too much leeway on how tall your RAM is.
m
l
Related resources
August 3, 2011 1:03:47 AM

I can install the memories in the other 2 slots without any performance issue? If Im not mistaken there is some advice to install it in the first 2 slots.....

Where are the other positions i can mount the fan (sorry im really noob hehehehe) ? Everywhere I see the coolers fans over the ram slots......probably because thats is the best position I really dont know !
m
l
August 3, 2011 1:37:09 AM

It is the best position since the air that flows through the cpu cooler blows toward the case fan that takes air out of your system. You don't have to have RAM with such high heat spreaders unless you plan to overclock your RAM.

Here is a good set of Corsair RAM that doesn't have high heat spreaders:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
August 3, 2011 1:02:53 PM

I will overclock the RAM.....in my country there isnt this type of vengeance.
m
l
August 3, 2011 9:08:22 PM

That sucks dude. Which country are you from?
m
l
August 13, 2011 3:33:01 AM

Brazil.......

PC components have an import tax rate 60%...

So brazilians pay more than 2x of the price for the same product.
m
l
August 13, 2011 9:02:12 PM

That sucks dude
m
l
!