4x1gb gskill question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiralizer

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Hey there,

I am on a tight budget, so I had to buy my system in pieces. I bought 4 sticks of 1gb g.skill ddr3 instead of the 2x2gb I wanted to get. My question is, do I get the same performance from the 4 sticks of 1gb as I would from the 2x2gb? I am using it for gaming and I know it isn't top of the line or anything. The timings are not very good at 9-9-9-24. Do you think I should still be able to game? I have a radeon hd 5770 as my gpu. thanks!

Solution
You will be fine, 9-9-9-24 is the timings on most DDR3 kits so thats fine and wont cause you an issue. The main reasons we suggest a 2x2 over a 4x1 is so that you have an upgrade option in the future, and if you want to get the max OC out of your memory its easier for your motherboard to keep 2 sticks stable than 4.
You will be fine, 9-9-9-24 is the timings on most DDR3 kits so thats fine and wont cause you an issue. The main reasons we suggest a 2x2 over a 4x1 is so that you have an upgrade option in the future, and if you want to get the max OC out of your memory its easier for your motherboard to keep 2 sticks stable than 4.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.