What is a Power user and how do i set it up?

can somebody help me here? i am running Windows XP SP2 and am having some
problems. I cannot update the registry. whenever i install a new programsuch
as Winzip the program itself installs okay but then when i go to open a ZIP
file it comes up with the "open files with...." box and i click on Winzip and
ask it to always open it with that program. I tried another program and tried
to set the default to open Zip files, but i get message box saying You need
to be an Administrator or Power User to edit the default Programs, and All
the Users on the computer are Administrators. Any ideas anyone?
3 answers Last reply
More about what power user

    You should recreate your profile.

    Log in as another Administrator, rename your profile in Documents &
    Settings, log out, and log in as yourself. Copy Desktop and My Documents
    items back, recreate email accounts, import Inbox, Calendar etc., Favorites
    etc.

    the file extension problems is system-wide, all profiles say the same thing
    when i try to update.

    "Jetro" wrote:

    > You should recreate your profile.
    >
    > Log in as another Administrator, rename your profile in Documents &
    > Settings, log out, and log in as yourself. Copy Desktop and My Documents
    > items back, recreate email accounts, import Inbox, Calendar etc., Favorites
    > etc.

    If newly created profile won't help, check permissions on
    %systemroot%\system32\config directory and files and repair the
    installation.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315341
    How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP

Configuration Windows XP