Screen Resolution won't change but screen size does

I just reformatted my computer a Dell, Inspiron 8100, Windows XP home
edition. Screen resolution default is 1600X1200 Pixels. I like 1024X768. When
I change the resolution to 1024X768 or any other setting available the screen
just gets smaller. There is no change in "Screen Resolution. I have installed
all the updates and SP2. Auto-updates seems to be doing fine. I downloaded
new NiNida drivers from Dell, etc. I've removed and reinstalled the video
drivers several times.
Help Please, Thank You. I have a hard time at 1600X1200 Pixels.
--
trying very hard to be good
1 answer Last reply

    Earl

    Set the resolution to whatever you want, then use the monitor controls to
    make the image fill the screen..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Earl M" <lostchild_64-36@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I just reformatted my computer a Dell, Inspiron 8100, Windows XP home
    > edition. Screen resolution default is 1600X1200 Pixels. I like 1024X768.
    > When
    > I change the resolution to 1024X768 or any other setting available the
    > screen
    > just gets smaller. There is no change in "Screen Resolution. I have
    > installed
    > all the updates and SP2. Auto-updates seems to be doing fine. I downloaded
    > new NiNida drivers from Dell, etc. I've removed and reinstalled the video
    > drivers several times.
    > Help Please, Thank You. I have a hard time at 1600X1200 Pixels.
    > --
    > trying very hard to be good

Configuration Screen Resolution Screen Size Windows XP