Screen Resolution won't change but screen size does

July 23, 2005 2:11:03 PM

I just reformatted my computer a Dell, Inspiron 8100, Windows XP home
edition. Screen resolution default is 1600X1200 Pixels. I like 1024X768. When
I change the resolution to 1024X768 or any other setting available the screen
just gets smaller. There is no change in "Screen Resolution. I have installed
all the updates and SP2. Auto-updates seems to be doing fine. I downloaded
new NiNida drivers from Dell, etc. I've removed and reinstalled the video
drivers several times.
Help Please, Thank You. I have a hard time at 1600X1200 Pixels.
--
trying very hard to be good
Anonymous

Earl

Set the resolution to whatever you want, then use the monitor controls to
make the image fill the screen..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User