M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 BIOS flash issue

axipher

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
Hey forum,

So I've been experience a ton of BSOD's lately since a BIOS update and memory upgrade. I went and memtest'ed each stick successfully so I figure it must be the BIOS.

I went online and saw there was a new BIOS since my old 1902 BIOS so I went to try to flash it. Once I entered the EZ-Flash utility, it said that I had a BIOS 1902 for the M4A89GTD PRO, that's right, the non-USB3 version. Now I tried to use the USB3 bersion's BIOS and it said it was incompatible, so I tried the non-USB3's BIOS update and it worked. Somehow my motherboard is flashed as the non-USB3 version and I feel as if this is causing random crashes and BSOD's.

Is there any hope to solve this problem?

cdq109

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
I've got a Asus M4A89GTD Pro and was having some odd problems in the last few months too (some of my own doing). Latest problems was watching Blu-Ray, most likely was PowerDVD9 OEM that came with a LG Blu-Ray Writer fighting with my GTX 570. Anywho the one thing you might try is the Asus Update application that allows you to Flash your bios from right in Windows. From your post it isn't clear, do you or do you not have the USB 3.0 version? The Asus Update should be under Start>Programs>Asus>AsusUpdate>AsusUpdate. What are the model #'s on each of the memory sticks you have running, and how many of each?

axipher

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
I do have the USB 3.0 version, but it is being recognised by the BIOS and Windows too as the non-USB 3.0 version. I tried the Asus update tool and it just tries to download the non USB 3.0 BIOS ad well.