Going to Be Buying this system in the next few days help b4 i buy plz

thetalimore

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I have come upon some money by selling my old computer and I am upgrading and I have saved up AROUND the price of the combined parts listed. This is what Im looking at:

Case: Antec 900 Two Case, I had the 900 for a LONG time and I loved it and I modded it with all the things this case adds so Im pretty sure I want this case, other things are very flexible. 120.00

Motherboard and CPU: THESE ARE A COMBO for a discount but here we are: EVGA X58 FTW3 and the CPU is Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz Total 535 for combo.

Memory and PSU are also a combo to save money: I did a lot of research into this PSU and heard GREAT things back about it! PSU SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W The memory is 6 gigs of g skill, here it is: G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Total Combo price is 285

Video Card: Palit GeForce GTX 465 (Fermi) 1GB 280

HD: 1x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2 x SAMSUNG EcoGreen F2 1.5TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 250 total

TOTAL COST (not including some things, keyboard, mouse, headset, cd rom, ect. ect.)

Total Cost: ~1470

SOME EXPLANATION: I have heard great things about most of these parts, mainly the video card and the PSU. The other reason Im going with this configuration is for a LITTLE future proofing. And i mean a little. I DO NOT expect to have that much money in the future so I intend to put another palit card in there for SLI in the future and maybe another 3 sticks of ram for 12 gig 6 channel. And eventually adding some more HD space. But yeah thats what I was thinking and now for your opinions and help please and thank you!

thetalimore

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010

Thanks for the tip, Im gonna go with the Palit 470 then and with the mail in rebate it will be cheaper. But I would have to buy the card within the next 2 days.... So yeah, anything other machine advice anyone could give quick would be appreciative!!! That way I can make the orders.

Thanks for the tip again!

I have the EVGA FTW3 and I love it. If it's on sale, I'd say go for it. It's got a nice little LCD display for debugging and CPU temp (in normal operation).

I vote YES on the PSU, and the RAM is great for a budget build.

I'm glad you decided to go with a 470; the 465's are awful.

You can fit that all in an Antec 300 if you have to cut down on case costs. Although it's plain, it keeps my system cool (I have all 5 fans installed). My CPU runs at 30C idle and 36C while 3D gaming; my GTX 460 idles around 32C and when at 100% GPU utilization is still under 65C. If you choose to go that route, you'd save ~$70 on a case. Personal preference, of course ;)

thetalimore

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010

Thank you for your help everyone, anything else.

What do you all think of the overall system in general? Noone ever said it was good or bad?

thetalimore

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
Last chance to say anything the sales are going to expire so I have to buy pretty much now or forget the components. Is it an ok machine or bad machine or?? Thanks in advance.

thetalimore

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
Bought everything and some extra little goodies, like a nice keyboard and some cables and lighting stuff. I will post pictures of the build and when its finished as soon as the parts arrive.