Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asus HD 5970 why are they not on newegg?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 6, 2010 6:55:36 AM

Hello,

I have recently decided to purchase an ASUS Radeon HD 5970, however it has not been in stock on newegg. It kept saying they were getting it in stock in a couple weeks/days, but now it's completely taken off their website. I am buying a full new setup, so i would like to buy everything from newegg as i have had nothing but great transactions with them in the past. I am also getting an ASUS 890 mobo, and have had good luck with ASUS products, and that's why i have chosen them to go with for this purchase

SO, my question is this:

Did they take the ASUS off newegg because they will not be getting any more? Are the other brands going to perform just as well, and could i get a recommendation if that's my only option? Or, could someone recommend a trusted site to get the ASUS HD 5970 other than newegg? Just a little concerned, as i'm going to be spending close to $700 after all for a video card, would prefer to make sure i get the best i can.

Thanks for your time and help!!!

new setup will be:
ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W
G.SKILL Flare 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000
ASUS VW266H Black 25.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
WD Caviar Black 1tb
WD Caviar Green 1tb
Antec 1200 Case

More about : asus 5970 newegg

a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2010 6:58:56 AM

There are supply issues with the 5970, even months after its release.That is why its goes from out-of-stock to in-stock all the time.
August 6, 2010 7:14:37 AM

I figured it was a supply/demand issue, however they completely removed the product off their website. I just thought maybe there was a reason. Maybe they are not aware of when they will be actually getting more in stock and don't want to keep posting dates and being wrong. Thanks for the response. Was thinking about going with either the XFX black edition, or the Diamond if the ASUS does not come in stock in a couple weeks, any thoughts on those?
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 6, 2010 8:29:15 AM

XFX is one of a good brand. Sapphire and HIS also produce a good cards... :) 
Not sure about Diamond.
August 6, 2010 4:22:27 PM

Diamond is the worst brand ive ever owned, avoid it. HIS asus and msi have been great brands that ive owned.
a c 365 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 6, 2010 4:56:15 PM

FYI,

Newegg is not the on online store around...
August 6, 2010 9:41:29 PM

jaguarskx said:
FYI,

Newegg is not the on online store around...

I'm assuming you meant not the ONLY online store around, and yes i'm fully aware. That is why i was asking for another recommendation for a trusted online retailer in my first post. It was quite a big post, and understand not reading it all.

I guess really i'm wondering if the ASUS HD 5970 is worth waiting for or going through another retailer, or if the XFX/HIS/Sapphire are going to be as good if not better than the ASUS one?
October 5, 2010 10:16:30 AM

Gigabyte is good =] i have one myself. love it
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 5, 2010 10:34:37 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!