Ut2k4 - Logitech MX 510 Driver Needed?

I installed a Logitech MX 510 mouse on a Windows 2000 system. I was going
to install Logitech's mouse drivers, but tried the mouse in Ut2k4 first.

Ut2k4 sees all the MX510's mouse buttons without loading their mouse
software. The MX510 seems to be smoother than my old Microsoft
Intellimouse without Logitech's drivers.

Do I need to load Logitech's mouse drivers to take advantage of the 510's
800 DPI engine?

If all the buttons work correctly in Ut2k4, is there any reason to install
the Logitech drivers?

Thanks for any help...

-jb
3 answers Last reply
More about ut2k4 logitech driver needed
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    I understand that there is a specific driver for the Logitech MX510 that
    does not function with the other mice and would assume it should / would
    offer some benefit?!

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1792,contentid=8027

    v9.80 is 'only' for the mx510

    "Ben Anderson" <Ben@dontwantnospam.com> wrote in message
    > I installed a Logitech MX 510 mouse on a Windows 2000 system. I was going
    > to install Logitech's mouse drivers, but tried the mouse in Ut2k4 first.
    >
    > Ut2k4 sees all the MX510's mouse buttons without loading their mouse
    > software. The MX510 seems to be smoother than my old Microsoft
    > Intellimouse without Logitech's drivers.
    >
    > Do I need to load Logitech's mouse drivers to take advantage of the 510's
    > 800 DPI engine?
    >
    > If all the buttons work correctly in Ut2k4, is there any reason to install
    > the Logitech drivers?
    >
    > Thanks for any help...
    >
    > -jb
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Dam6" <noone@once.com> wrote in

    > I understand that there is a specific driver for the Logitech
    MX510
    > that does not function with the other mice and would assume it
    should
    > / would offer some benefit?!
    >
    > http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=
    1792,co
    > ntentid=8027
    >
    > v9.80 is 'only' for the mx510

    I've seen one person on the Logitech message boards claiming it
    worked with his MX500. He was having problems getting all the
    buttons to work so he tried it. The MX510 appears to be a
    cosmetically enhanced MX500.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Dam6" <noone@once.com> wrote in

    > I understand that there is a specific driver for the Logitech MX510
    > that does not function with the other mice and would assume it should
    > / would offer some benefit?!

    I loaded the Logitech MX 510 drivers and they work fine in Win2k sp4.
    All the buttons, except the thumb buttons, work in Win2k. I haven't
    tried to get them working because it doesn't really matter to me. Most
    of my objection to loading Logitech's drivers was because I've heard
    unkind things about them. But, they seem to be fine...

    The drivers made quite a difference in Ut2k4. All the buttons, including
    the two thumb buttons work correctly in Ut2k4. In addition, the mouse
    has a totally different feel to it.

    The mouse is now much more sensitive to movement than it was with the M$
    drivers. I used to set the Ut2k4 Mouse Sensitivity (Game) to 7 so that I
    could turn fast in the game. The MX 510 was uncontrollable at 7. I
    reduced the mouse sensitivity down to 3 and have gained control, kept the
    fast reactions, and seem to have smoother aiming.

    I've only had the drivers loaded for about an hour, but I really like
    them. I'd recommend loading them.

    > v9.80 is 'only' for the mx510

    Yes. They make a big point about that on Logitech's download page.

    Thanks for the feedback...

    -jb

Mice Drivers Logitech Video Games