Function keys that activate wireless network

G

Hello,
What keys activate the wireless network. My grandaughter hit something and turned ours off. Now we don't know how to re-connect. There was a message regarding function keys. I don't know which ones they are that will work.

G

You'll need to refer to the computer (presumably laptop) manual. I imagine the qireless adapter is off and there is an Fn key combination which enables it.

You might also look at Windows Control Panel and see if it can be switched on from there.

mgee_01

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
on most laptops there is usually a symbol of an antenna or something along those lines to illustrate wifi connectivity on the funtion keys (F1, F2, etc..) Press the function key 'Fn' and the key with the wifi symbol simultaneously. If that doesn't help then you may just have to dig up the manual or just search the internet for instructions using the model name of your laptop.
hope that helps

nobody_important

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Some laptops have the lights above the FN keys which are actually touch sensitive buttons, and if the wifi button is red or orange all it takes is a touch and it will turn blue and be on. It is very strange that there is no way to disable that button. It is usually located on the far right of the base of your laptop, but it just looks like the broadcasting icon.

I hope that helps

TRENDING THREADS