Client wants 6 Screen Editing Rig

Approximate Purchase Date: This year

Budget Range: Have to give client a price

System Usage most important: Graphical usage (e.g. Photoshop, Lightroom etc.)

Parts Not Required: Keyboard mouse speakers OS.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Doesn't matter, just hardware names is enough

Country of Origin: The Netherlands

Parts Preferences: PC Needs 6 screens! (ATI's Eye

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: If necessary

Monitor Resolution: WILL EDIT LATER Note: 6 screens will be used

Additional Comments: I just need a direction, maybe experiences with 6 screen PC's. 4 screens will be used for showing work of the client, 2 will be used to work on.
10 answers Last reply
More about client screen editing
  1. Don't know much about that many monitors, I know there's a HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition that can run 6 monitors.
  2. mosox said:
    Don't know much about that many monitors, I know there's a HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition that can run 6 monitors.

Going for a HD5970 to ensure that 6 monitors will be an option. I need to know one thing .. will I be able to run applications on diff screens like photoshop on one monitor, the tools on another and on 4 of the other screens I want to run Light Room or a Dia show, is this possible?
  3. I really don't know, maybe ask in here:

http://forum.superpccomputers.com/
  4. mosox said:
    I really don't know, maybe ask in here:

http://forum.superpccomputers.com/
    Looks like a really dead forum .. :(
  5. I dunno, it seems you need to have display ports on your monitors or get adapters. From what I know a regular ATI 5xxx series with eyefinity can run 3 monitors so you'll need two of those.

LE. You need 4 monitors running the same thing...that should be one card that can run 4 monitors and another one for the other two.
  6. The new ATI EyeFinity 6 supports up to 6 screens. I've also seen that you can have them working like I want to. So now it's just the config around the GFX, going to take obisidian's config and tweak it a bit.
  7. Get a six core for all those applications.
  8. obsidian86 said:

That's 2 power supplies, one comes with the chassis and the corsair itself
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product