CPU COLLER-ZALMAN CNPS9500A LED
MOTHERBORD-GIGABYTE 770TA-UD3
HARDISK-SEGATE 750 GB
MONITOR-SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER P2350- 23-FHD
GRAPHIC CARD-SAPPIRE ATI 5850 HD
POWER-HEC WIN 600W
MEMORY-2 GB X2 1600 MHZ DDR 3 G.SKILL ECO EDDITION
CASE-NZXT GUARDIAN 921

the problem is that the tem of the cpu in everest'speed fan, hwmonitor, is CPU 82c (170f)
and the 4 cores 41c for core 1 ,2,4 and 4.
i cant understand it, in the bios the cpu tem us 45c, and i make that if the tem reaches to 70c the comuter will beep,which he doesnt.
when i play games the 4 cores turn to 46-48c and the cpu still permit on 82.
i cant understand what is the problem...
please help
20 answers Last reply
More about phenom
  1. Sounds like a faulty reading to me if your cpu temp is nearly double your core temps.
  2. but how can i fixed it?because in 5 different softwares it shows 82c, anyone have an idea please??
  3. bennnn said:
    but how can i fixed it?because in 5 different softwares it shows 82c, anyone have an idea please??

I have the same problem with my Gigabyte board. Just look at the core temps, the CPU temp should be a little bit lower than the core temps. But if you really want to know the CPU temp, one of the temps in everest should change if you put a load on your cpu. That's the CPU temperature. HWMonitor shows my CPU temp as TMPIN1 while the faulty temp other programs show as CPU temp is TMPIN2.
  4. in hw monitor its written:
    TMPIN0 45C
    TMPIN1 40C
    TMPIN2 81C
    so the real tem is TMPIN 1???
    and how can i fix the error? is there away?

so the real temp in of my cpu is 40? according to bios? and HW MONITOR TMPIN1?
    and there is away st check in the bios and its written current system temp 45c
    current cpu-temp-41c
    so the to solve the fault read?thanks
  5. Just watch all three of them while running a game or prime95 or something else. The real CPU temp should rise according to the core temps (about 0-10° lower than the cores? that's the difference between cpu and core temps i've watched with my 955BE)
  6. If the high 81C temp doesn't change under load then it isn't a cpu temp, it must be another sensor on the board.

Download OCCT and configure it to read temps as well.(Orange configue button)

Open up HWmon and Coretemp and even Speedfan if you like and run OCCT.

Watch for the 4 temps that fly up after 1 minute, these are your cpu temps.
  7. ok i run occt and tmpn1 is now-58-62 and the 4 cores 62 and the TMPIN 2 still permit 81. so i understand that my real tepm in idle is 40c.
    but is there is away to fix the 81 c error?
  8. It might not be an error it might be the temp of a board sensor.

62C with OCCT running is good for your cpu.
  9. thanks'but which tem in boared is 81c??its dangerous no?
    how can i find which is 81c?
  10. well the max for the 965 is set at 62C, after that your in the danger zone.

Looks to me though that its just faulty readings, no way that chip gets that warm with such a cooler.
  11. Just put you hand near the heatsink. Trust me when I tell you'll know whether it's right or wrong.

Or get a infra-red thermometer. That tends to hurt less.
  12. amdfangirl said:
    Or get a infra-red thermometer. That tends to hurt less.

:lol:
  13. At 80*C you shouldn't be able to keep hand contact for more than like 2-3 seconds or something.
  14. Indeed. Just have ice ready.
  15. i updated to the latest gigabyre bios, and still got the 81c ta tmpin2 :(
    dont know how to fix it...
    i cant think that something on the motherboard is 81c its cant be possible
  16. ...and it could be possible that one of the sensors has failed. It's not a perfect world. I would second the thermometer (the infrared laser one is best, but you can use a standard mercury thermometer as well, just make sure you hold it on the heat sink for about a minute to take a reading). Any software you use to read temps will give you the same results you are already seeing as they all use the same sensors.
  17. bennnn said:
    i updated to the latest gigabyre bios, and still got the 81c ta tmpin2 :(
    dont know how to fix it...
    i cant think that something on the motherboard is 81c its cant be possible

What are your core temperatures?
  18. Out of those only TMPIN1 is an actual reading. TMPIN2 is actually low on your system, many people have 100C+ but that means nothing.
  19. Gaming at 46-48c sounds about right.

You never mentioned your vcore or cpu stepping. GB mobos tend to over-volt on Auto. Set the volts manually -0.0125 and see how that effects temps.

I'd use whatever GB utility and 'trust' your temps/voltages from there. Compare HWMonitor to AOD, and then compare them to the GB utility.

And drop the vcore for stress - see what that does to temps and stability.
  20. ^ Very true with many makers.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Phenom AMD