CanCb

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Hi,

I am thinking of building my first computer. It will be used mostly for business and probably some gaming.

I am looking for a case for my computer.

I was in a computer store and was looking at the Hewlett-Packard desktops. Their cases are great. They feel extremely sturdy and solid. They also look nice.

Does anybody know what material the HP cases are made from?

Also what thickness? I keep reading about 0.5mm, 0.6 mm, etc for case thickness...it really does not mean much to me. All those thicknesses seem like the metal would be pretty flimsy.

Thanks

CanCb

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
I figured it was probably steel. Do you know how thick the steel used in Hp cases is?

I have seen steel cases by other manufacturers that feel pretty flimsy.

Does anybody know who manufactures the HP cases?

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
probably some contractor in china... or they may have a plant in china for all you know...

have a look at antec, corsair, cooler master cases... they are all good sturdy build and some even have really thick shell probably more than the Hp cases...

CanCb

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I figured that I couldn't buy HP cases. I just like the fact that they are sturdy and understated but elegant.

I don't like cases with windows or large front doors that you have to open every time you want to load a DVD. I also don't like mesh front bezels. I want a black, sturdy case with a simple but elegant front bezel. I can't seem to find that in any brand.

Yannick

Look again at the Antec SOLO which I linked to. It is my all time favorite case.