Does it matter what brand video card you choose?

Solution

performance will be similar by different brand but fan noise is another story which bothers many people. so I suggest you check review on the model you going to buy and know the noise level from each brand. Quality may different from each brand but reliability will be similar so warranty time isn't big concern. most card has 3 Year warranty at least. if card isn't broken in 1 year, it will last real long time. bad quality will increase DOA rate.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
If everything is on same price than its better to go for the most famous one EVGA as you itself have said....because if EVGA is more famous than the other two brand it means they have better customer satisfaction and better quality...so go for the EVGA..

popaholic

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Brands don't matter too much. But I would recommend looking at the manufacturer's warranties. People love to go with EVGA and XFX since their cards come with long replacement warranties.

^ that, about warranties. But also, they generally each have propriatary coolers. Some perform better than others, and some are louder than others. Also some cards are meant for OCing while others have their voltage locked. The point being, there is some point to choose one over another.

However, in terms of the quality of the card, they're all very similar. Any one of them should work fine.

yanje03

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010

performance will be similar by different brand but fan noise is another story which bothers many people. so I suggest you check review on the model you going to buy and know the noise level from each brand. Quality may different from each brand but reliability will be similar so warranty time isn't big concern. most card has 3 Year warranty at least. if card isn't broken in 1 year, it will last real long time. bad quality will increase DOA rate.

Solution