Used slave HDD not in XP "my computer"

aerochris

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
I've just installed a previously used 1tb WD HD that was wiped on another guy's system. It's showing in the bios and also in Computer Management > Disk Management, however without a designated letter and also not showing in My Computer. When I try right clicking I can only select "Help"...which is why I am here...please help :)

aerochris

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
@swifty_morgan hmm...ok...I guess...do you mean you can't explain it? I doubt it's a state secret. Or is it? Is that why i'm having trouble? The government's involved? :D

Yeah, I just want to transfer my files over to the 1tb drive before I upgrade my master drive.

@te100 it says the following:

Volume: (blank)
Layout: Partition
Type: Basic
File: (blank)
Capacity: 931.51gb
Free Space: 931.51gb
%Free: 100%
Fault Tolerance: No
Overhead: 0%

Disk 1, Basic, 931.51gb, Online

aerochris

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

Thanks, but all of the support ideas suggest right clicking and then selecting a b or c etc... All I get when I right click on the drive, the status or whatever is only the "Help" option. Everything else is greyed out.

what I said is I can do it but can't explain how to do it. it's just one of those things you do once in a while that you do without kinda realizing you're doing it. ,

but you have to give the drive a letter"........ wait 1....... w7 isn't easy as xp for me..............

control panel/admin tools/computer management/disc management.

see if your drive is there. you may have to give it a letter.... and do some other BS. can't remember without actually doing it.

aerochris

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
I would love to give it a name but when I right-click the drive the "Change Drive Letter and Paths..." option is greyed out, as is everything else except the "Help" option.

Any other suggestions welcome!