Armada M700 - how to unlock ethernet and modem ports

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 26, 2004 8:15:15 PM

Hello!

I own an old model of Armada M700 (Pentium II 400MHz) laptop. It has
two locked ports: Ethernet and modem. I know that there is a way to
make these ports operational under Windows XP, but I can't find the
solution on the web.

Could you please help?

Photos:

http://www.gdynia.mm.pl/~kadi500/armada/slots0.jpg
http://www.gdynia.mm.pl/~kadi500/armada/slots1.jpg

Thank you

berberek
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 26, 2004 8:15:16 PM

I do not think you can do something like that without an updated BIOS.
Unless when you bought your laptop and you wanted those two ports in
your laptop. I used to have a compaq laptop and I only asked for a
modem in the laptop. Well when I received the laptop it did have the
network card but it was not in the BIOS so my computer was simply not
even recognizing it. I contacted Compaq and that is what they told me
that since I did not pay for it, it wasn't added in the BIOS and I
won't be able to use it unless I send the laptop back and pay them to
take care of it. In such a case you'll be better off purchasing your
own PCMCIA card.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 26, 2004 8:15:16 PM

You need to have the correct combo card. If you have the correct card
and have the latest bios upgrade winxp will recognize the ports. The
card is located the the bottom of the laptop were the ports are
located. different models came with different cards.

Maciej Lankowski wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I own an old model of Armada M700 (Pentium II 400MHz) laptop. It has
> two locked ports: Ethernet and modem. I know that there is a way to
> make these ports operational under Windows XP, but I can't find the
> solution on the web.
>
> Could you please help?
>
> Photos:
>
> http://www.gdynia.mm.pl/~kadi500/armada/slots0.jpg
> http://www.gdynia.mm.pl/~kadi500/armada/slots1.jpg
>
> Thank you
>

> berberek
a b D Laptop
December 26, 2004 8:15:17 PM

I love compaq <sarcasm off>

Yep, get a pcmcia combo card from eBay for $20 and be done with it.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 27, 2004 12:31:29 AM

In comp.sys.laptops you wrote:

>Yep, get a pcmcia combo card from eBay for $20 and be done with it.

Yeah, I've already have PCMCIA travel card (fax modem and ISDN) and
Ethernet card, but I was just curious about unlocking those features.

Now I know that in order to unlock it some payments have to be done :)

Thank you all for your replies.

berberek
!