Was reinstalling windows xp pro and now i can't get into m..

Can anyone help me pleeeaaaaaasssssse? my disk was damaged with some type
of wettness and i didn't know it. I was missing some files and an message
came up to install the disk and i done that and it got stuck in between
prepairing to install and install. now all i get is setup is being restarted
on my screen. I also get a message saying "an write opperation was attemped
after it was dismounted. Can anyone help me fix this situation without
losing my important information on my hard drive? (as soon as i get this
fixed, I will back up my hard drive...silly me :-( )
--
MrSirlove

dl

If youre saying that your main hd was damaged 'some type of wetness' then
its conceivable that moisture may have got to other components.
If you havent dried the sys out properly you could finish up with a total
sys failure.
I would suggest removeing the PC case and directing a warm air blow at it
(hair dryer?) for some 24 hrs before trying to switch on.
In any case are you trying to do a repair install or new install? two
different things that produce a different result

"MrSirlove" <MrSirlove@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help me pleeeaaaaaasssssse? my disk was damaged with some
type
> of wettness and i didn't know it. I was missing some files and an message
> came up to install the disk and i done that and it got stuck in between
> prepairing to install and install. now all i get is setup is being
restarted
> on my screen. I also get a message saying "an write opperation was
attemped
> after it was dismounted. Can anyone help me fix this situation without
> losing my important information on my hard drive? (as soon as i get this
> fixed, I will back up my hard drive...silly me :-( )
> --
> MrSirlove

DL I am trying to do a repair install for missing files on my xp
software.....(Got an message to install the disk to repair )
--
MrSirlove

"DL" wrote:

> If youre saying that your main hd was damaged 'some type of wetness' then
> its conceivable that moisture may have got to other components.
> If you havent dried the sys out properly you could finish up with a total
> sys failure.
> I would suggest removeing the PC case and directing a warm air blow at it
> (hair dryer?) for some 24 hrs before trying to switch on.
> In any case are you trying to do a repair install or new install? two
> different things that produce a different result
>
> "MrSirlove" <MrSirlove@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone help me pleeeaaaaaasssssse? my disk was damaged with some
> type
> > of wettness and i didn't know it. I was missing some files and an message
> > came up to install the disk and i done that and it got stuck in between
> > prepairing to install and install. now all i get is setup is being
> restarted
> > on my screen. I also get a message saying "an write opperation was
> attemped
> > after it was dismounted. Can anyone help me fix this situation without
> > losing my important information on my hard drive? (as soon as i get this
> > fixed, I will back up my hard drive...silly me :-( )
> > --
> > MrSirlove

dl

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341