Sign in with
Your question

Accer aspire 5250 bz873 memory

Last response: in Memory
August 3, 2011 6:50:04 PM

Need to know what kind of memory did you suggest goes in these accer aspire 5250 bz873 ! I was going to pick it up here at my latest Frys electronics !! I was hoping that you could be a little more specific As well Should I get 8 or do you reccomend 4! I believe that it is a 64 bit system. How do you know? Check in windows 7 ? Will it work ok with 8 gigs ( that being 2, - 4 gig sticks. Will I run into any latency issues or other problems that I might find using 8 gigs? That seems to be a little much but if it makes my computer that much faster with no side affects? Great ! But if I start experiancing some other issues that 4 gigs want create than I rather just stay with 4 gigs!

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks again !!!

~Nolo!
a b } Memory
August 3, 2011 8:53:38 PM

Fist off, you can check if your OS is 32 or 64-bit bin the System Properties. To get there you can hit the windows logo key + pause, or right-click on my computer and select properties (or control panel - > system). There it will say which it is next to "System type".

If you have a 32-bit OS then 4GB is the maximum amount of memory it will support. If you have a 64-bit system then it will support 8GB.

Your laptop can support up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM (1066MHz). Whether or not you should get 4 or 8 GB is up to you. If you haven't upgraded yet then you should be at 2GB right now. Since it is a laptop you will need to purchase SO-DIMM's.

Here are some kits to start you off:

Kingston 4GB (2 x 2) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

G-Skill 8GB (4 x 4) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

September 13, 2011 3:22:47 AM

Hi Knowlo1970,

Your PC should have shipped with Win7 (64-bit OS), and (probably) 2 GBs of RAM. Here's a link to the OEM for the full specs: http://www.acer.it/ac/en/US/content/model/LX.RJY02.004

I just upgraded my new ACER Aspire (model AS5250-BZ853) to 8GBs RAM, using a Crucial memory kit containing 2x 4GBs DIMMS. (While you may not 'need' the full 8 GBs, I find that the video card & Internet can each demand a great deal of the RAM - so even 4GBs of total system RAM would only leave you a couple of GBs to run Windows 7 & whatever other Apps you have open. I've experimented and was able to run: IE9, w/ about 10 sites opened; watch a DVD, w/ VLC Media Player v1.1.10; and both MS Windows Security Essentials & McAfee AV running full-time. I don't think this system could handle ALL of this as easily, with even 6GBs of RAM.)

RAM specs: SO DIMM 204 pins; DDR3-1066 MHZ/PC3-8500; CL7;1.5V; UNbuffered; Non-ECC.

I bought mine at TigerDirect for $53.00 (which is a VERY good price for 8GBs of DDR3 RAM),
Tiger part # YYD1-CT2K51264BC1067.

Hint: If you'll have either Tiger or Crucial confirm your RAM upgrade to be the correct one for your exact Acer model (via e-mail), they'll usually 'guarantee' the upgrade to work. (A big deal, if your Acer shipped with different specs - as sometimes happens w/ OEMs 'mid-stream'.)

Cheers,
The Foxxx
Related resources
September 18, 2011 2:46:04 PM

Any ideas on what is the maximum speed of memory that his laptop can support, is DDR3 1066 the max?
September 18, 2011 4:32:44 PM

conkydoc said:
Any ideas on what is the maximum speed of memory that his laptop can support, is DDR3 1066 the max?

I'm going to say yes, that's likely the max RAM speed. Here's a link to Acer's product info:
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/LX.RJY02.024

Watch for falling prices - I bought mine @ Tiger in late August, it's dropped another $50 since! (Oops, I meant the Acer's price has dropped - NOT the price of the RAM upgrade. Sorry ...)

The Crucial RAM upgrade (you'll throw-out the existing DIMMs) of 2x 4GBs DIMMs makes a huge difference, as the CPU is "capable" but NOT top-of-the-line (for either it's speed or multi-threading ability), as compared to a better Intel i3 or i5 w/ a higher clock speed & more on-die cache. I bought my Crucial kit @ Tiger for $53.40 + S+H.

Cheers,
The Foxxx
February 3, 2012 8:53:20 AM

"Watch for falling prices - I bought mine @ Tiger in late August, it's dropped another $50 since!"

I meant that the Acer's price had dropped - NOT the price of the RAM upgrade. Sorry if that confused anyone. The Foxxx
!