His 5770 + win 7 pro. Display problem

pshemax

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I've got HIS radeon 5770 , display works ok and I didn't have any problems with it what-so-ever while working on windows xp.
The problem appeared when I've instaled windows7 pro.
While running google earth or GTA 4 screen suddenly starting to flash every several seconds , usualy after few mins I'm getting blank screen .
I know that the problem is not caused by hardware but by win7 itself , some time ago someone told me that win 7 has some kind of new tool that cuts the power or something . Can't remember. My question is: does anyone have an idea if there was some kind of update for won 7 solving this problem ? or maybe someone may tell me a bit more about the problem .
I'll appreciate any help
my spec :
asus P5QD Turbo
intel E5200
his 5770
psu corsair 750w
mem 4gb Kingston non-ecc (2x2gb)
genuine windows 7 pro.
Display samsung 24" (1920x1080)

maxpayne94

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
hmm my frnd didnt have any problem at that setting. Check your monitor cables.Have you connected your monitor through vga or dvi?

I think you are thinking of the power saving options in Windows. They are in the control panel options under power options.

Is this happening if you don't do anything, IE use the mouse or keyboard or while you are playing GTA and moving around in google earth?

pshemax

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Thanx for try but that's not it .there is new tool in win 7 that as far as I know can not be disabled. Even in bios.
That's what I've been told.

pshemax

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009

I've tried two monitors . As I said it is not hardware or drivers issue. It works fine on win xp.
thanx anyway

Well I don't know what you are talking about then because I have LCD's on Windows 7 and never seen any flickering issues. I also have not heard anything about something not being able to be disabled like that. There has to be something with your configuration that is causing this issue.