Recover Data from Formated Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberSlackr

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
While trying to setup my NAS Box I accidentally formatted the wrong harddrive.
When intending to format sdb1 through fdisk, I accidentally left off the "1" which caused the wrong drive to be formatted.
(result of to much family in the house for the holidays; a big distraction, resulting in stupid errors)

Now for the part that causing me the most trouble; the drive was originally in NTFS format, but after fdisk formatting its now "Linux" format. I need to recover the file (well everything) on the drive back to the original state. Nothing was encrypted or compress. But the only "Recovery" software I have only recovers drive in FAT32/NTFS format.

I really hope there is a solution out there, and I have not completely screwed myself resulting in the loss of almost 300GB of work related data.

Many thanks to anyone that can help!

Solution
http://www.squidoo.com/format-recovery

This one helped me when my sd card was formatted by mistake. I have photos, music together with videos inside and I accidentally formatted the memory card.

I looked on the web for a whole day and tried serveral tools and this one is a free program that does the most expected job on my formatted sd card.

You should give yourself a chance. And good luck. Next time, do back up files regularly.

jonnyforfun

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
http://www.squidoo.com/format-recovery

This one helped me when my sd card was formatted by mistake. I have photos, music together with videos inside and I accidentally formatted the memory card.

I looked on the web for a whole day and tried serveral tools and this one is a free program that does the most expected job on my formatted sd card.

You should give yourself a chance. And good luck. Next time, do back up files regularly.

Solution

thanksadvice900

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

Yeah! Yesterday, I also stupidly formatted my SanDisk 4GB SD card which had stored my family photos and self-made videos. It was really a nightmare. However, fortunately, I had tried your advice tool. This format recovery tool is really free and super easy to operate. Now, I have recovered all of my photos and videos.
Thank you very muchhhhhhhhhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS