UT2004: is there a quick command to add buddies while on a..

Guess its all in the subject, but I will elaborate:

Is there a consol command that will allow you to add someone to your
buddies list?

As far as I know there are only 2 ways to add buddies,
1. on the buddies list, right click/add buddies/ and type name in.
2. on the server list when selecting server you can right click on a
player on the server and select add to buddies.

So, is there a way to add while already on the server?

thanks

Lewzephyr <lewiszephyr@clotmail.com> wrote in

> So, is there a way to add while already on the server?
>
> thanks

I'm pretty sure it's when you press the ESC key, the names come up &
you can right click on the name during a game.

Lewzephyr <lewiszephyr@clotmail.com> wrote in

> As far as I know there are only 2 ways to add buddies,
> 1. on the buddies list, right click/add buddies/ and type name in.
> 2. on the server list when selecting server you can right click on a
> player on the server and select add to buddies.

In addition to Paul's answer (right click on player name in ESC dialog),
there's a 4th method: Edit User.ini. I do this to pre-populate the list
with everyone on my team, even when we can't initally all be online at the
same time. We just add our names to a team forum topic and I keep a master
list to paste into the file for newcomers.

Also, if you're name is too long for the player setup dialog (more than 16
characters), you can still enter it by editing User.ini or by using setname
from the console.

(MA)ScratchMonkey